• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

One hole group challenge - smallest group size

35 yards- R9
458 35 yds R9 .20.JPG

40 yards- HW97
458 40 yds HW97 (2).JPG

46 yards- Pro Elite
457 (2).JPG

Thanks. We’ve had a little snow the last few days so the adobe clay ground is miserable. I return from the target stand several inches taller than when I left. I just shoot one card as normal then go back and try to add 4 more shots to the existing holes. That way I get less trips to the target stave and less accumulated mud. 😀 Its something different and kind of fun.

Mike

It would be wonderful if every one of us had the means or conditions to shoot at nothing less than 50 yards, preferably 100 or 200 yards, but many of us are ass deep in snow with 20 degree temps and mean wind. Outdoor shooting in Michigan is mostly left to those with fur covering their skin and only fill their pcps with nitrogen. The rest of us hibernate in our basements (or family rooms) and shoot what we can at the distances we can and dream up some sort of challenge to make this fun. I'm not impressed with multiple thousand dollar long guns tuned for 50 or 100 yards plunking a few pellets at 15 feet. I am more impressed with those that are trying to develop their hand hols, eye positions, etc and using small holes as a training exercise. So to each his own, I guess. If you want to shoot only long distance go for it. But Olympic shooters train and compete at 10 meters for a reason. It is a leveling thing.
Nothing wrong with 10m-50y +/- ,like pistol and most springers , or target type rifles for that. I guess i could of made a misunderstanding of how and what i said above... Apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsfrid
score AND group…….just sayin! I shot 30 BR score matches for years and it was a game X’s. Having shot air rifles the last 6-8 years, I DO realize just how awesome your shooting is…… Definitely ” next level” You are playing chess and Im still sitting at the kids table playing checkers!
Thanks….this slug gun has been my obsession for a little over 2 years now. The goal has been to be competitive with the best Unlimited Rimfire shooters and their equipment. It’s really, really close now.

Mike

Reactions: davelarson
Aea challenger Pro 30... 9 shot group @ 75 yards w/ JSB 44.75 (from a couple months ago)

I will try the 10 meter off hand challenge soon, but I'll be using my .25 Hatsan Hydra (only gun I can shoot decently off hand). Rules be damned! :LOL:

View attachment 312451
I like it...

That hydra is a gun i kinda like or found of intrest post what you can on it👍

Reactions: silvershooter589
First real attempt at one hole challenge. I’m pleased and I can really “FEEL” the anticipation and concentration needed.Grip? No grip? Just thumb or no thumb? Totally ONLY trigger finger? I have a Leupold 6.5-20 EF scope that I use for silhouette practice.. It focuses down to 10 yards and has a 3/8 MOA dot. I drew the 1/4”dia circles and then just center the dot inside the circle. I found some time cards in a cabinet and had at it. It’s so hard to measure these groups. I want to get some 10 meter wad cutter type pellets and see how the holes are cut. I hope to try the 30 yard challenge sometime this weekend ✌️

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

OK shooting more this afternoon and this is not a "record breaker" at least I am getting a bit better pattern by grouping more towards a circle. Diana Bandit .177 cal, Crosman Match Grade Wadcutters 7.9gr, using the Laser, indoors and at 15-feet. The .847mm is the max outside to outside measurement.

ThomasT
One Hole x.jpg

About as good as the poor ol' gamo gets.

50yards / same stuff as above.. .22 cphp pqcksge scope 3 power ,ect..

gamo,50y,package scope .jpg

So figured that looked one shot short stacked 3 in one place ( luck) i quick threw another at it to make / show 5..

gamopackage 502.jpg

P.s... looking back at this it's neat how it stuck the pellets cold and the rifling in the skirts.. dead square hits . Did not pay it no mind earlier..lol

Last edited:
Tried another group of 5 this morning. Used the backside of target paper. I am measuring the best that I know how but it’s not easy. For example, the top left target is 5.53mm. I measured from the cut opening to the lead smear edge. Is this correct. I know ,I know. It’s the honor system and I’m only cheating myself…….BUT any tips on this sure would make me feel better. I ordered some wad cutter pellets yesterday. We’ll see how they do.✌️

0938E5B1-D16A-4E05-9723-975278D31331.jpeg

Tried another group of 5 this morning. Used the backside of target paper. I am measuring the best that I know how but it’s not easy. For example, the top left target is 5.53mm. I measured from the cut opening to the lead smear edge. Is this correct. I know ,I know. It’s the honor system and I’m only cheating myself…….BUT any tips on this sure would make me feel better. I ordered some wad cutter pellets yesterday. We’ll see how they do.✌️

View attachment 312723
Hello @Welldone

Ross @rsfrid has set the way to measure on page one of this thread and here it is
5. Score by measuring outside overall group diameter in millimeters.
It is the maximum or largest dimension of the hole.
Hope this will help.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid