• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

One hole group challenge - smallest group size

Great 5 shot 30 yard group Killen56!

This morning’s attempt was with a Brocock Commander.

0C0808EB-ADC6-413F-88FC-74B6A1BCD8A3.jpeg
126CCB97-2368-439B-9D21-77AA337FB494.jpeg

Man, its as foggy and damp this morning as London on the banks of the Thames...lol

Well got the hw seal in and first 20 shots.
5 crony ,the 5 sight in ( notice#3 how i ckicked down instead of up 🤤, duhhhh.)

Hopefully this seal will stay stable . Time will tell

Just 10m to start off with till i feel its staying 1/2butt right.

hwseal10mR9.177cphp1stshots.jpg

Pistol at 20. . Quick hatsah 25sc , saddly my pooch jumped up / bumped my leg so its 6 shots ..lol. no praise for him .😭

hatsan25,15'cphp.jpg

Tried the poor ol'gamo man once again pulled the one at 30y . Just cant get over that i guess.
Gamo wf mach1 .22 cphp 50'&30y irons.

gamo.22,cphp,50'&30y,irons.jpg

Last edited:
Today I tried my Steyr LPS again, off bags at 10 yards for the one hole challenge.
I put the calipers on a pellet head and then put it next to the smallest hole to show how much tighter it needs to be to be perfectly pellet sized.
It’s a really hard challenge, but lots of fun to keep trying.
Good trigger control practice, and you can really see how much your heart beat moves the crosshairs too.
958BBD2B-1902-4A70-AC8F-A160AFEC9907.jpeg

412DBD20-8A42-43D7-90A2-B9F8C5CFF332.jpeg

Ni
Today I tried my Steyr LPS again, off bags at 10 yards for the one hole challenge.
I put the calipers on a pellet head and then put it next to the smallest hole to show how much tighter it needs to be to be perfectly pellet sized.
It’s a really hard challenge, but lots of fun to keep trying.
Good trigger control practice, and you can really see how much your heart beat moves the crosshairs too.
View attachment 312234

View attachment 312235
Nice for 10m 👍. I keep tring to get that hatsan 25 to do that ...... But it just dont wan-a....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: silvershooter589
Come on folks !!!
Closer you are to target OF COURSE the group size will be smaller !!!

To really have any degree of relativity .... All those shooting 10 or less / 25 / 50 / 100 etc need to be viewed as there own sub category IMO
Ya, them 2 mean looking pcp's above they'd never see under 75y here ( i would hope and expect).. thats a lot of gun for under 50 imho. That seems the trend all them noce pcp's and shoot 10m to 25 yards ..🤔. Even reviewers are that way.

Yea my primary FT rifle if placed on bags at 25 y would quite likely make a single hole. It is not realistic for brags sake so we don't.
Saddly im just lucky to afford to shoot out of walmart and get what i do from it..😭😭😭😭 poor gamo and R9 do what they can up to 100 on a perfect day.. and there few and far between lately. Maybe one day i can grab up some big boy stuff and fancy mail-order peliets ... Maybe one day.

Ron, I hear ya loud & clear !!
We air gunners come is all Styles & Financial miens with a commonality among us ... AIR GUNS and the FUN we have with them !!!
Those of us for what ever the reason who have the spoils of top shelf equipment DOES NOT necessary make us any better shots or marksmen .. FACT !!!

Enjoy what you have / shoot making the most out of .. what you want out of the hobby / sport :giggle:

Reactions: moodyblues
Ron, I hear ya loud & clear !!
We air gunners come is all Styles & Financial miens with a commonality among us ... AIR GUNS and the FUN we have with them !!!
Those of us for what ever the reason who have the spoils of top shelf equipment DOES NOT necessary make us any better shots or marksmen .. FACT !!!

Enjoy what you have / shoot making the most out of .. what you want out of the hobby / sport :giggle:
Thats it... Like here in this thread its just fun. I like it better then the competition threads .

Offical this rules that . Bulls i cant see more or less shoot on naked eye irons.

But ya, i like to see capable guns shot at there capable ranges. Not that i got room to talk. Also i aint a pcp guy anyway i just shoot these springers . Hw, r9 gamo crosman, hatsan... Affordable good guns . ( And a few not so good). Heck it's just me here so no point going fancy or big anyway.. my other air gun buddy is dead the other "friends" have no interest so?

Come on folks !!!
Closer you are to target OF COURSE the group size will be smaller !!!

To really have any degree of relativity .... All those shooting 10 or less / 25 / 50 / 100 etc need to be viewed as there own sub category IMO
It would be wonderful if every one of us had the means or conditions to shoot at nothing less than 50 yards, preferably 100 or 200 yards, but many of us are ass deep in snow with 20 degree temps and mean wind. Outdoor shooting in Michigan is mostly left to those with fur covering their skin and only fill their pcps with nitrogen. The rest of us hibernate in our basements (or family rooms) and shoot what we can at the distances we can and dream up some sort of challenge to make this fun. I'm not impressed with multiple thousand dollar long guns tuned for 50 or 100 yards plunking a few pellets at 15 feet. I am more impressed with those that are trying to develop their hand hols, eye positions, etc and using small holes as a training exercise. So to each his own, I guess. If you want to shoot only long distance go for it. But Olympic shooters train and compete at 10 meters for a reason. It is a leveling thing.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty