One hole group challenge - smallest group size

Wonder why my like got the tuttie frutty hart eyes smile face now the past few times ? Im not selecting that in any way just a FYI...lol. i dont get it . Oh well.

Set up for 50yard with the r9 and funny i missed. hung a big cardboard backing to see where and how bad. Well like 6-8" low . ( ???). So i cranked it up 12 clicks and got on with this but again there's that one way out. So i cronied it and seen why so low , hi ho, hi ho so off to the work bench we goes for another retuning. Them arh seals are being mean to deal with. Should of stuck with stock hw or vortex seal.. this retuning/ dropping fps is getting old. ( Just 610fps) , Really?

Anyway 50yard, irons, cphp.177, r9 ( 1-1/2 bulls )

r9,irons,50yard.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder why my like got the tuttie frutty hart eyes smile face now the past few times ? Im not selecting that in any way just a FYI...lol. i dont get it . Oh well.

Set up for 50yard with the r9 and funny i missed. hung a big cardboard backing to see where and how bad. Well like 6-8" low . ( ???). So i cranked it up 12 clicks and got on with this but again there's that one way out. So i cronied it and seen why so low , hi ho, hi ho so off to the work bench we goes for another retuning. Them arh seals are being mean to deal with. Should of stuck with stock hw or vortex seal.. this retuning/ dropping fps is getting old. ( Just 610fps) , Really?

View attachment 311709
Wow!!! that is some good shooting!!!! Iron sights I couldn't even see the target at that distance. Now if the target was like 24" and a bright color I might hit it a few times :)

Reactions: rsfrid

View attachment 311709
Yeah I sometimes get those holes in the target where I didn't aim! How does that happen? 😅😂🤣

Reactions: ThomasT
Yeah I sometimes get those holes in the target where I didn't aim! How does that happen? 😅😂🤣
Hmmm.... I hear tell or was told once long ago its a think thay call skill.

Now dont hold me to that cause around here that skill thing is a ol' wife's tail or elusive as big foot.

Last edited:
Yesterday I tried the one hole challenge using my FWB300 mini shooting at 10 yards.
And just for fun I shot the RedWolf .177 for a few groups too.
The FWB300 is amazing and so much fun to shoot, I’ll try more today and I hope to get a smaller hole, something worth measuring.
I’m shooting RWS 7 grain wad cutters, and they are very accurate also cutting perfect holes.
The RedWolf will boringly put the .177 redesigned through the same hole all day lol.
I’m shooting from piles of bags and sitting, so the gun is just about as steady as possible.
Such a fun and relaxing challenge, a couple hours blow by in no time.

6AB759EA-3B79-436D-9642-F47C7F449325.jpeg

E1715AC9-8E69-4A6C-B149-EB1F30BB5EE5.jpeg

Some incredible groups posted on this forum - congrats to all. Thanks to RSRID for getting this started.

I decided to get in on the fun this morning. Group sizes are marked "M." Should have been "MM."

All groups shot at 18 yards or 16.46 meters. Will try some other rifle in the coming days.

1 - Wolverine B Hi Lite Rifle Image.jpeg
2 - Daystate Wolverine B Hilite.22.12.08.22.jpg
3 - Rifle image AA S510.jpg
4 - AA S510.177.12.08.22.jpg

Yesterday I tried the one hole challenge using my FWB300 mini shooting at 10 yards.
The FWB300 is amazing and so much fun to shoot, I’ll try more today and I hope to get a smaller hole, something worth measuring.
I’m shooting RWS 7 grain wad cutters, and they are very accurate also cutting perfect holes.
The RedWolf will boringly put the .177 redesigned through the same hole all day lol.
I’m shooting from piles of bags and sitting, so the gun is just about as steady as possible.
Such a fun and relaxing challenge, a couple hours blow by in no time.

View attachment 311874

View attachment 311875
Amazing! Nice shooting. This can be very relaxing if not concentrating too hard. I love getting "in the zone" and trying to visualize the pellet hitting the group.

Reactions: davelarson
Hello everyone,

First photo is off topic but I just had to share with all my friends up North ( well most likely I don't have any now that I posted this photo ) ;). It is a balmy 73 degrees, flowers still blooming and NO WIND (y).

Second photo shot the One Hole Challenge on two cards, first card not one good result, but second card not too bad. A .844mm and a .843mm shooting at 10-meters / 33 feet with my Diana Bandit. One morning I will get up and not drink a lot of coffee and have several shots of the hard stuff and maybe my old hands won't shake too badly and I can get a score in the .60mm range :cool:. This is still a lot of fun.

ThomasT

Butterfly.jpg
One Hole 120822a.jpg

I’m shooting RWS 7 grain wad cutters, and they are very acc
I been getting pretty good results from them cheap daisy black box flatheads when ever i can get some i do . For the pistol im suprised .. seems i posted some on them around... Cheap shppting with satisfying results hard to pass up . ( Then im just cheap myself)

Got a hw seal comming so ill get back on this soon , pellet tesupply friday or sunday. If on the shelves then.

Hello everyone,

First photo is off topic but I just had to share with all my friends up North ( well most likely I don't have any now that I posted this photo ) ;). It is a balmy 73 degrees, flowers still blooming and NO WIND (y).

Second photo shot the One Hole Challenge on two cards, first card not one good result, but second card not too bad. A .844mm and a .843mm shooting at 10-meters / 33 feet with my Diana Bandit. One morning I will get up and not drink a lot of coffee and have several shots of the hard stuff and maybe my old hands won't shake too badly and I can get a score in the .60mm range :cool:. This is still a lot of fun.

ThomasT

View attachment 311914View attachment 311915
Not to shabby! I see you are trying the QYS pellets. My HW44 loves them. 10 meters is what they were designed for (Olympic shooting) but if you move in to 15-20 feet, you'll start seeing the one hole groups! Great fun.

Not to shabby! I see you are trying the QYS pellets. My HW44 loves them. 10 meters is what they were designed for (Olympic shooting) but if you move in to 15-20 feet, you'll start seeing the one hole groups! Great fun.
Hello @rsfrid

Ross 10-meters is as close as that scope will focus. When my Vector comes in it is supposed to focus down to 3-yards and that will be perfect. Maybe then I can get a bit better groups.

ThomasT

Hello @rsfrid

Ross 10-meters is as close as that scope will focus. When my Vector comes in it is supposed to focus down to 3-yards and that will be perfect. Maybe then I can get a bit better groups.

ThomasT
Yep. My Bug Buster focuses down to 3 yards. That'll be great when you get it.

Reactions: ThomasT