One hole group challenge - smallest group size

OK, after trying out the QYS wadcutters I went back to the pellet my HW44 likes the best - the H&N Barracuda FT 9.57, straight from the tin - no sorting. Here's the result:

IMG_2963.jpeg

And my target for record:

IMG_2966.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Offering this target for my One-Hole entry for today. Shot this target and got two true 5-Shots in One Hole scores, see #2 and #4, early this morning. Number 4 I believe is the best 5 shots into one hole that I have ever shot with this Pistol. The second photo shows one of the pellets for a reference.

Range: Indoor 15-feet
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: UTG Bugbuster 3-9x32
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr Wadcutter

ThomasT

Snowpeak PP800R.3.jpg
Snowpeak PP800R.3a.jpg

Hello everyone,

Today’s One-Hole Challenge shot target is a bit better than my last one :) . Bulls 1 and 2 not bad with all black One-Holes, but I improved on Bulls #3, #4 and #5 :D. Pellet size holes on #4 and #5 and this makes me smile :love:.

Range: Indoor 15-feet
Pistol: Snowpeak PP800R .177 caliber
Scope: UTG Bugbuster 3-9x32
Pellets: H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr Wadcutter

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R.4.jpg

• Love
  • Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello @rsfrid

Well I decided to shoot one more target today and with light winds I thought it would be a good time to try the One-Hole Challenge at 25-Yards. Shot 5 times at the four outer rings and 10 times at the inner ring. Not the smallest “one holes” but will take this anytime.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: JTS Airacuda MAX .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JTS Dead Center 18.1gr

ThomasT

1-Hole Challenge.23.3.jpg

Hello @rsfrid

Well I decided to shoot one more target today and with light winds I thought it would be a good time to try the One-Hole Challenge at 25-Yards. Shot 5 times at the four outer rings and 10 times at the inner ring. Not the smallest “one holes” but will take this anytime.

ThomasT

View attachment 402617
nice ! wind here is from the lake today 10/15 mph meaning it travels across the lake and up the cliff ,crosses my range and continues up to the top about 20 feet higher.

• Love
nice ! wind here is from the lake today 10/15 mph meaning it travels across the lake and up the cliff ,crosses my range and continues up to the top about 20 feet higher.
Hello @beerthief

I live on the back side of a hill here on Sam Rayburn lake and my wind conditions really get crazy sometimes. Ole Sam is so large that it creates it's own weather system and I can have 20mph gust when it is dead calm one mile down the road. I look at the reported weather every day, but I walk out to one of my targets to really assess the conditions.

ThomasT

Reactions: beerthief
Hello @beerthief

I live on the back side of a hill here on Sam Rayburn lake and my wind conditions really get crazy sometimes. Ole Sam is so large that it creates it's own weather system and I can have 20mph gust when it is dead calm one mile down the road. I look at the reported weather every day, but I walk out to one of my targets to really assess the conditions.

ThomasT
yup , know what you mean ! i live on top of a hill with 70 foot cliff on the lake side , does make it a little interesting at times .

• Haha
Hello @rsfrid

ThomasT

View attachment 402617
I'm jealous of your weather and being able to walk outside and shoot. I have to drive 10 minutes to club range. That's why I shoot in basement most of time. Nice tight groups by the way. Have you tried teathering your gun for more shots? That thing does so well, I hate to see you sell it just cause it only gets 30 shots.

• Love
I'm jealous of your weather and being able to walk outside and shoot. I have to drive 10 minutes to club range. That's why I shoot in basement most of time. Nice tight groups by the way. Have you tried teathering your gun for more shots? That thing does so well, I hate to see you sell it just cause it only gets 30 shots.
i have a edgun classic , 11 shots and recharge is how i got it as 2nd owner , i only pest with it so not high on priority list to change valve or hammer .

Hello again @rsfrid

Well I sold my big air tank when I though I was getting out of airguns, sure wish now I had kept it. Anyway all my other rifles had the 480 air tank and would get 90 up to 110 shots per fill and looking for another rifle with the bottle.

This little Airacuda doesn't shoot as tight of groups as my Brocock did but I am really impressed with how accurate it is. No excuses but on the No. 1 target and the center target I had two fliers and I knew it was going to happen because when I loaded those pellets there was extra pressure required. Yesterday when I had such a good shoot, several times a pellet would be a bit hard to load and I would aim at one of the sighters and sure enough, it would go off center.

ThomasT

Hello again @rsfrid

Well I sold my big air tank when I though I was getting out of airguns, sure wish now I had kept it. Anyway all my other rifles had the 480 air tank and would get 90 up to 110 shots per fill and looking for another rifle with the bottle.

This little Airacuda doesn't shoot as tight of groups as my Brocock did but I am really impressed with how accurate it is. No excuses but on the No. 1 target and the center target I had two fliers and I knew it was going to happen because when I loaded those pellets there was extra pressure required. Yesterday when I had such a good shoot, several times a pellet would be a bit hard to load and I would aim at one of the sighters and sure enough, it would go off center.

ThomasT
Why not get a guppy tank and regulator? It would be cheaper than selling your JTS and buying something else. Just a thought.

Hello @rsfrid

ThomasT

View attachment 402617
Impressive shooting marksmanship 🎯 (y)

• Love
A bit late in day, but I've been working the Atomic pistol. Now I just went back to ole Trusty, my HW44 and the H&N Baracuda FTs. Got a couple one hole groups and a close one.

View attachment 403091
Hello @rsfrid

That looks like five One-Hole shots to me and all black within the ring, well done (y) .Glad to see you back shooting.

ThomasT