One hole group challenge - smallest group size

While I was set up I shot one of my FWB 300S's. Shot in my shop off a bench.

10M
Aperture sights

IMG_7062.jpg
IMG_7071.jpg
IMG_7069.jpg

Hello @rsfrid

This is my first entry for the One Hole Challenge using my new Crosman 1701P Silhouette .177 cal pistol.
Shot this target inside my shop at 15-feet and my entry is target #6 at .662mm.

Beautiful blue skies and a comfortable 66 degrees.....and why am I shooting indoors, well we have wind conditions of 15 to 25mph, just a tab much for my little Pistol. However I am still having way too much fun anyway.

ThomasT
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.6.1.jpg

Reactions: Singleshot
Hello @rsfrid

This is my first entry for the One Hole Challenge using my new Crosman 1701P Silhouette .177 cal pistol.
Shot this target inside my shop at 15-feet and my entry is target #6 at .662mm.

Beautiful blue skies and a comfortable 66 degrees.....and why am I shooting indoors, well we have wind conditions of 15 to 25mph, just a tab much for my little Pistol. However I am still having way too much fun anyway.

ThomasT
View attachment 323410
Yeah, I commented on your other post. Great gun, great shooting. I'm enjoying my Brocock Atomic XR now that I have the air stripper on it. Super accurate and consistent. Also took my RAW HM1000x in 25 cal for a spin yesterday and it seems like a shooter. I'm saving it for 100 yard benchrest tho.

Reactions: ThomasT
Yeah, I commented on your other post. Great gun, great shooting. I'm enjoying my Brocock Atomic XR now that I have the air stripper on it. Super accurate and consistent. Also took my RAW HM1000x in 25 cal for a spin yesterday and it seems like a shooter. I'm saving it for 100 yard benchrest tho.
Hello Ross,

I know you posted somewhere but what Air Stripper did you buy?

ThomasT

Hello Ross,

I know you posted somewhere but what Air Stripper did you buy?

ThomasT
Hatsan from Pyramid Air. Threads right on in place of moderator. Really pulled the groups together. Pretty cheap too. The cone inside adjusts in and out for trial settings. Just adjust/shoot/adjust/shoot etc. till you find setting that works best.

Hello @rsfrid

Shot a whole bunch of various targets inside the shop at 15 feet today. The attached photo is the last target shot with one fairly good offering for the One Hole Challenge. That is .512mm shot with my Crosman 1701P and with JSB Exact 8.44gr domed pellets.

ThomasT
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.6.2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello @rsfrid

Shot a whole bunch of various targets inside the shop at 15 feet today. The attached photo is the last target shot with one fairly good offering for the One Hole Challenge. That is .512mm shot with my Crosman 1701P and with JSB Exact 8.44gr domed pellets.

ThomasT
Think you forgot the picture?

• Wow
Hello @rsfrid

ThomasT
View attachment 323749
How did that extra hole get in there? Would have been perfection. Looks like your new pistol does pretty well.

How did that extra hole get in there? Would have been perfection. Looks like your new pistol does pretty well.
Hello Ross,

I know you know the felling, shot number 4 in the same hole as the first three, and then ole number five :mad:.
I don't shoot Pistols as serious as I do rifles, and that is a good thing, it keeps the fun in shooting. However with that said, I do really try to do as good as I can with Pistols, and I think it is a subconscious thing. In plain language, I choke up sometimes :confused:

ThomasT

Hello Ross,

I know you know the felling, shot number 4 in the same hole as the first three, and then ole number five :mad:.
I don't shoot Pistols as serious as I do rifles, and that is a good thing, it keeps the fun in shooting. However with that said, I do really try to do as good as I can with Pistols, and I think it is a subconscious thing. In plain language, I choke up sometimes :confused:

ThomasT
That's a good analysis Thomas, but you should know that to perfect your pistol hold and breathing will undoubtedly help your rifle shooting. Especially the breathing. I've found I need to get "into the zone" where I try to picture the pellet hitting where I want it. That concentration helps me control my breathing so I don't get the up and down movement when my heart beats. Make sense? But there is still sometimes that pellet that gets away. But it isn't nearly as far away from the others as it used to be before this excercise.

• Love
That's a good analysis Thomas, but you should know that to perfect your pistol hold and breathing will undoubtedly help your rifle shooting. Especially the breathing. I've found I need to get "into the zone" where I try to picture the pellet hitting where I want it. That concentration helps me control my breathing so I don't get the up and down movement when my heart beats. Make sense? But there is still sometimes that pellet that gets away. But it isn't nearly as far away from the others as it used to be before this excercise.
Hey Ross,
Yes that does make sense and I also try and imagine the pellet hitting the target, but that is with my rifles. I have a very "set" procedure for rifle shooting. But I do not have any real "standards / procedure" with my pistol hold. I have been working on it to some degree, but to be honest, once I get to shooting and having fun, I kind of forget.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
Hold the fort! The Sheriff is back! Sheriff Atomic makes one hole group and almost a second right after! Brocock Atomic XR 22cal shooting JSB 15.89 sorted pellets and using the Hatsan Air Stripper (man I love this thing!) 5 shots in each target with no resting between targets. Note: I tried a different hand hold on target 4 and look what that got me! 😂

F4948A0E-AA9C-4A82-A98D-B46A6CDA9894.jpeg

Hold the fort! The Sheriff is back! Sheriff Atomic makes one hole group and almost a second right after! Brocock Atomic XR 22cal shooting JSB 15.89 sorted pellets and using the Hatsan Air Stripper (man I love this thing!) 5 shots in each target with no resting between targets. Note: I tried a different hand hold on target 4 and look what that got me! 😂

View attachment 324075
Howdy Sheriff @rsfrid

That's some mighty fine shooten there pardner 🤠

ThomasT

Went right for the H&N FT today. Best pellet in the batch for the HW44. These are 5 shot groups at 6 yards or so.

View attachment 327052
Holly crap @rsfrid

Are you kidding me, four 4.5mm on one card 🤠 . I'm not even going to shoot today, no way :sleep:
I will spend my time relaxing.

Needless to say, that is some fantastic shooting. Boy that had to feel good when you got a close up look at that card.

ThomasT

Holly crap @rsfrid

Are you kidding me, four 4.5mm on one card 🤠 . I'm not even going to shoot today, no way :sleep:
I will spend my time relaxing.

Needless to say, that is some fantastic shooting. Boy that had to feel good when you got a close up look at that card.

ThomasT
I sort of knew that the H&N was capable in the HW44. Someone posted they thought H&N developed this pellet for the HW44 Lothar Walther barrel. Whatever. I just know it usually shoots one hole groups. I'm debating now either a RAW HM1000x in 177 tuned for this pellet, or a FX Impact with 600mm barrel tuned for this pellet. Either one should do well out to 50 yards.

No snoozing today Thomas. I'm expecting a good card from your new pistola with you at the helm! 🤪

• Love