• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

One and done?

Yo

What do Yo think?

That would be a big POSITIVE!
1f3af.svg

Do you have, or had a RAW? What did you think?
1f914.svg
1f914.svg
1f914.svg

I have several and they are excellent shooters but too loud for me to shoot at home so that's the main reason why I don't shoot them. Also have a lot of Rapids more Rapids than RAWs because they're quieter. I hesitate buying guns I know can't shoot at home due to loudness. 

Well funny you should mention that! IN FACT I'm SELLING ALL OF MY PROPERTIES right now because I'm tired of paying way too much property taxes! I sold a 6+ acre property thats too far away from town that I had plans on building an underground firearms (shoot airguns too no wind!!!) shooting range but couldn't get the permits for and didn't want to chance building without permits.

Appreciate the suggestion though! 

I recently downsized and got rid of 25 of my cars too! just too much insurance. More airgun money now!

So, I can not opine on a RAW as I have never shot one, but it sure looks like one of those PCPs someone can have just that one. For me it would have to be the right one as I really do not like all their models. Something I can both hunt with and target with. Maybe just change the furniture, they seem to have a nice selection for Bench shooting, the new Chassis system, and the traditional. Personally I want to see what the new Mini has to offer. The prototype looked really nice, specially in the Chassis System. 

@Yo Noise level is relative to different folk. How loud exactly is a RAW? I don't find an HW95 in my 1/2 acre lot neighborhood very loud or offensive to my neighbors at all, but you don't agree. So, is the RAW as loud as a Springer? Louder? Less? Also power level and caliber may make a difference, no? Dang things have a YUGE moderator, I kinda thought it would be half ass effective at least. 

Also, if you have the space and means to build an underground range, but can't due to permits, why not try an above ground? You would just need to sound proof it enough depending on if shooting firearms or just airguns, the latter being much easier. I have been thinking of doing something like that here, but not sure that I can or will, time will tell. A structure just tall & wide enough to sit at the bench and as long as my lot permits, maybe 40 yards max I think. Just a thought. 

For a one and done, I would strongly consider an FX Crown. My friend has one that I've spent a lot of time around, and it's a really nice airgun. 

My favorite airgun that I currently own is the Taipan Veteran. Mine is the .22 long. It's a very high quality airgun, pair it with the DonnyFl speed dialer and you can easily dial the gun from 400 to ~1000 fps. Trigger is very, very good, with lot's of adjustability. The stock is so-so, not the most ergonomic for certain shooting positions. Wish it had a biathlon style lever - I'm spending money to get an aftermarket 3D printed one. Wish I was able to easily change barrels and calibers - I'm in the process of trying to get an FX barrel adapter for it to open up my options. 

While I love my Veteran, no regrets in getting it, the FX Crown is a slightly more refined airgun. Lot's of barrel options with the FX liners - you can make it short and compact or really long and fast. You can change out calibers easy. Externally adjustable regulator. Externally adjustable power for different calibers. Nice ergonomic stock. Quality biathlon lever. 

I would strongly consider an FX Crown. Very modular/versatile, and a very refined airgun.