One airgun, 2 barrels, 2 World Championship Medals!

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
1691514421874.png

1691524474651.png

@rob_g, Very significant given the competition and the world class PCPs used. They were simply Ghosted, we understand Fady is an incredibly good shooter. But the equipment has to match or exceed the shooter’s potential…
Fady is an excellent shooter, and the gun was set up perfectly. He shot at EBR 2022 and came in 8th Pro (top Daystate was 3rd). His Ghost at the Worlds for the Unlimited Class had a non-stock 28-inch pellet barrel (stock is 23-inch). Not sure of the specifics, but Barb Pellegrino's Red .22 Ghost also had the 28-inch barrel, and her gun was used by the Iranians to do VERY well... But let's not pretend those guns were off the shelf... :cool:

Last edited:
Fady is an excellent shooter, and the gun was set up perfectly. He shot at EBR 2022 and came in 8th Pro (top Daystate was 3rd). His Ghost at the Worlds for the Unlimited Class had a non-stock 28-inch pellet barrel (stock is 23-inch). Not sure of the specifics, but Barb Pellegrino's Red .22 Ghost also had the 28-inch barrel, and her gun was used by the Iranians to do VERY well... But let's not pretend those guns were off the shelf... :cool:
We understand its not an “off the shelf” Ghost, but what a platform to build up from as witness by Fadys’ wins…

We understand its not an “off the shelf” Ghost, but what a platform to build up from as witness by Fadys’ wins…
@L.Leon, I only mentioned that because the OP would lead you to believe it was a stock gun.

"Unlike most shooters who use highly specialized custom rifles, Kiwan used a standard BRK Ghost..."

Yes, the Ghost is a great platform but that's not the gun you'll get if you buy one.

Actually - it might be more off the shelf than we know. When I was talking to Darren over at AoA a month or so back to get a .30 barrel for my Alpha he had asked if I wanted the 23" or the 28". So I believe they are available if you just place a phone call. The Ghost and the Alpha use the exact same barrels - which makes it interesting that the Ghost is performing better in comp than the Alpha/Delta Wolf.

Reactions: Stone02 and Jaxjax
Actually - it might be more off the shelf than we know. When I was talking to Darren over at AoA a month or so back to get a .30 barrel for my Alpha he had asked if I wanted the 23" or the 28". So I believe they are available if you just place a phone call. The Ghost and the Alpha use the exact same barrels - which makes it interesting that the Ghost is performing better in comp than the Alpha/Delta Wolf.
Gotcha... Same barrel as DW/AW, same magazines, etc. Same regulator. The 28 is probably an upgrade. Anything is available with the right amount of $$$. My good buddy and Teammate Tony @pesty3782 has a .30 Ghost with 23" barrel, and the accuracy is comparable to my .30 DW with 23" barrel. Our Teammate Derrick @zx10wall has a DW with 28" barrel and that one also has comparable accuracy but makes power more easily due to the extra length.
Also, the non-shroud, tensioning device and other "goodies" aren't off the shelf. ;)

A couple of the comments that have been made about off the shelf versus massaged are great. Especially with previous claims that same individual has made about himself shooting "stock" guns in competition. Lol, gave me a good chuckle this morning.

Any and all "goodies" and adjustments make it no longer stock. And at every competition I've been to (even lowly monthly matches) EVERYBODY tweak and tunes and add parts and subtract parts.

Last edited:
Hello, Wanted to add a couple of tidbits to the awesome information Centercut has given. Fady did add a sort of tensioner to the barrel. I have a message out to him to find out what that might have been. He does EXTENSIVE testing and he did find that he had better accuracy with no shroud and by connecting his Ronin moderator directly to the barrel. I also have a note out to him to find out which pellet he was using. Something to be noted that would not be known here… Fady took almost 10 minutes to shoot his first scoring shot on that first AMAZING card. He spent 10 minutes readjusting since the day before was rain, we now had sunshine and pressures were changing. He was very in tune to even the smallest changes in his shots! He also used a prototype front rest for unlimited and found it performed well.
A note on my Red Ghost that the Iranians used. When it was put in their hands, it was not tuned and not even sighted in. It does have the 28” barrel, but all else was untried. We gave them an approximate reg pressure and power wheel setting and off they went. To drop an unfamiliar, untuned gun into their hands and have them shoot so well says a lot about the shooter and the gun!
All that said, it was an AMAZING experience to be there!
Barbara P