• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

On the Use of MK2 in FX ipmact x

For those who want to know , a 24” (600mm ) barrel is able to push a 39gr. projectile to well over 900 fps . The issue with that is it is not going to be efficient . I’ve recently bought an impact with a 600mm barrel , in stock form with nothing more than reg at 140 bar and hammer cranked to full I was launching 30 grain BBT cast bullets to 830 fps . If you want a gun capable of huge power , this is not it . Not with out some serious mods anyhow . 

For those who want to know , a 24” (600mm ) barrel is able to push a 39gr. projectile to well over 900 fps . The issue with that is it is not going to be efficient . I’ve recently bought an impact with a 600mm barrel , in stock form with nothing more than reg at 140 bar and hammer cranked to full I was launching 30 grain BBT cast bullets to 830 fps . If you want a gun capable of huge power , this is not it . Not with out some serious mods anyhow .

Agreed. IMO. There are other platforms more suited to higher power levels. It is still a very capable gun however, just not the one I would choose if I wanted over 80fpe.

Bb

My MKII Impact - built by Ernest Rowe - did 70fpe in 22 caliber during stress testing. I've shot it at 59fpe with 30gr slugs going 940fps through 700mm barrel.....148bar. This gun has quite a bit more in reserve.

80+ fpe in 25cal and 100+ fpe in 30cal. Fairly sizeable amount of power IMO.

I believe your gun should do 120fpe in .30 pushing a 60 grain to 950.