on the cheap Sand Bags / shooting rest

Simply go to Goodwill store and buy kids jeans , use the legs for making sand bags . choose skinny "8 year old size' and cut the legs off . tie off one end with plastic zip ties Fill with sand / dry beans / Styrofoam beads then zip tie the other end tightly . I use two tie's on each end . ++ stack them to the height you need .

Mine are about 8 years old now and still no leaks .

Hope this helps , Stan

Cloth/canvas shot bags work OK. The problem with any cloth bag is that they all absorb moisture. In doing so the bag inhibits the forearm of the rifle from sliding thus lifting the front of the gun. A better alternative is something made from vinyl. It can still be sown and works well with baby powder for anti-friction. Vinyl scraps can be gotten from upholstery shops.

I bought this rest a few years ago:

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 12.10.22 AM.1649920279.png

https://www.amazon.com/Steady-Rest-NXT-Shooting/dp/B000VZ1IJG

$25 USD

It works great off a picnic table for my gauntlet and now my M3. One surprise with the M3 is that if I need to bring the muzzle down and I don’t have room on the front to go lower you can use the adjustable but stock on the M3. The way it holds the guns I have enough confidence in it to leave the gun in it (unloaded, mag out and safety on) while I go down range to check the target.