• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Omega Trail Charger

I've considered the hatsan and other larger compressors as well but I'd be willing to give up faster fills for portability provided it is still reliable compared to their bigger brothers. I don't have any big tanks and would be filling the gun directly or a buddy bottle at most. Like most things, I don't expect the cheaper models to rival the more expensive options but more of a good value for the dollar type of scenario. 

I looked at the Lighting however it's almost $300 more than the Trail Charger. The way I use air it should be more than sufficient for me. I fill a Mutant Shorty/72 cu inch carbon bottle and two Crosman pistols. At $800 if it works for three or four years I will be doing the happy dance !! The portability is a plus. Also the fact that it will fit easily under my bench is a plus. Darren at AOA says the end of the month. He put me on the list.

I bought an Omega Trail Charger. It checked all of the boxes for me. I just received my refund from returning it. It might have been just my unit but it failed on the fifth fill. There are some definite good points to this compressor but overall it did not work out for me. I plan on giving my opinion/review on it after I return from vacation. Sorry if this leaves anyone hanging - it is just a heads up and I want to take the time to do a better explanation. 

I also took another route and ordered an Omega Air Charger. I really did not need the portability of the TC. The Air Charger is working out very well. It took my 68ci Omega Carbon Fiber bottle from 2000 psi to 4500 psi in 51 mins. It's pretty quiet ....you can have a conversation w/o shouting standing right by it. AOA has a great deal on these....make sure you talk to Darren at ext. 101. Best of luck.