• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Omega trail charger vs shoe box

I have had 3 different compressors 1st was the omaga twin turbo it was amazing but also $2000 so I had to move so I sold it big mistake? 

then I got the young Heng it was small light and easy but was a pain to keep cool to much ice and after it broke down I got a new one and it also broke down so after 2 I give up on young Heng no good. 

then I got my trail charger and it's the best small light compressor that's like my bigger omaga I had but after 10 fills of different airguns it started loosing pressure at last it would only fill to about 2800psi it just could not get back to 3,000 and if I was topping off a backpacker to 3,500 it just could not do it anymore. So I took it back to AoA and they fixed it from what I was told it had a slow pressure leak where the drean valve was so it would not hold up to high pressure. Anyway they fixed it and so far it's been amazing but am only about 10 to 15 fills in. 

I have a few friends who has the nomad 2 and some like it some say the have same kind of problems my biggest problem is after using the omaga twin turbo Am spoiled on fill speeds my trail charger fills at snall speed but it's supposed to and am not that kind of guy who has a lot of time so if you are only filling airguns then try it am happy but I think all these companies has little problems with compressors when the are this small it seems. I never had a shoebox but they say the are great as well. 

so what am saying is omaga makes great compressors but i started with the best and now am having problems with the cheaper line of compressors and speeds all the smaller light compressors are for airguns only the nomad 2 and trail charger? The young Heng is for both bottles and airguns but I had 0 luck with it so shoebox might be the answer I have never used one I do now. The trail charger is ok but not that great but if you are not in a hurry then you might like it. Good luck. 

I had the brand young Heng I did not want a knock off of a cheap compressor as it is cheap anyway. My 1st one only had 4 fills then leaked air out the head so bad it was a joke then I got a new one from a different co. And the 2nd one had heat problems over heating within 2 min of running time but I could work with it just using ice but then it had cracked on the side where it was welded together and so I just stoped using it at that point o don't trust the safety of them at all. Some guys love them I had very bad luck with mine. 

I had the brand young Heng I did not want a knock off of a cheap compressor as it is cheap anyway. My 1st one only had 4 fills then leaked air out the head so bad it was a joke then I got a new one from a different co. And the 2nd one had heat problems over heating within 2 min of running time but I could work with it just using ice but then it had cracked on the side where it was welded together and so I just stoped using it at that point o don't trust the safety of them at all. Some guys love them I had very bad luck with mine.

It really seems that it's just that cut and dried. Some have had really poor luck with them and others have had very good service. All relative for something so inexpensive I guess. But it does provide another option for people to consider if they don't mind the risk of possibly losing a few hundred.