Omega Trail Charger PCP Compressor Experience

It is water cooled so should last a bit longer than most of the 12V compressors. I haven't heard allot about the units don't know if that's good or bad.

It is also very slow with the fills. A Yong Heng will do the job in half the time and a Yong Heng and a nice tank, for the portability aspect, will cost about the same as the Omega.

They are both made in China so you gets what you gets.

I would like to hear any experiences with the Omega Trail Charger, good, bad or /?????

Am looking to purchase one and don't need to make an expensive mistake.

TIA

I have a Omega Trail Charger. I also have a YH and a G3. Would I buy the Trail Charger again. No...

Reasons I would not buy a Omega TC again. There is only one guy out there that supports it. If you call AOA they will not help you and direct you to the importer. There is no parts avab out there and no good videos on how to rebuild the TC. I really like the compressor and it quiet and does a great job. BUT for the price I would like to see alot better support for the compressor. I can't believe that AOA does not have a complete rebuild kit for sale? If that was avab maybe just maybe I would buy the compressor but sooner or later it will become a paper weight. 

I've had a Trail Charger going on 8 months now. On average I'd estimate I fill a dozen guns a week. Only maintenance I've done is twist the cap on the grease pot. It arrived with antifreeze in the water pot, and that hasn't needed any changing.

It does fill slowly, but I like that. Makes me feel like it will last a long time as it doesn't do a bunch of crazy stuff when you turn it on like a Yong Heng (I had one that blew up almost immediately). It also doesn't give off noticeable heat to speak of, even after running for a while and putting your hand next to the fan.

Big fan of the Trail Charger and no regrets splurging for it. I love how much water it spits out the bottom tube when you open up the pressure valve. I'm sure in many compressors all that water goes straight into your gun unless you're running a burly filtration setup. I only use a small filter on my fill hose and it seems like it's not even necessary.

Reactions: tnbndr