Omega tank valve question

Hello all

i have a 75cubic foot omega tank that I am having trouble with. when its filled to 4500psi it takes about 20 min to fill my 480cc tank on my impact from 150 bar to 250 bar. 

I can open the valve wide open with nothing hooked up and very little air gets out (i decided to drain it and it took about 12 hours to drain with the valve full open) 

I took the valve off and removed the parts you see in the pics .if i dont put them back in the tank will take air and release air like it should . my question is

will it hurt anything if I dont put the parts back in?

also what are they for ?

thanks in advance for any help 

dan kleinman
omega tank.1643157537.jpg
internal parts orientation.1643157555.jpg
internal parts.1643157564.jpg
internal parts orientation.1643157581.jpg
valve2.1643157606.jpg

I agree with the other posts above that it should work faster without the flow restrictor inside. The standard Omega brand valve I owned had a push button hose bleed. It also had an allen head restrictor inside of the DIN300 male portion of the fill hose as pictured below. Did you buy the tank new from AoA or second hand? That valve looks like an aftermarket that was put on an Omega tank. Even with a restrictor in place it shouldn't be that slow. If it's not the restrictor there is a blocage in the valve that shouldn't be hard to find. Please post a follow up after you refill and test without the restrictor. The tank only needs 20 bar or so for testing. The air should flow freely even at low pressure once the issue is resolved.

Flow restrictor 1.1643206872.jpg

Flow restrictor copy.1643207029.jpg

Harv24

The coltri is a mch6 I got it off the board last week from lovern98 he had 4 compressors total for sale . The problem was he wouldn't ship and he is in CA and I am in ohio . luckily I have a very good friends that only lived about 2 hours from him and they met each other half way and my buddy is going to box it up and ship it to me .... Hell of a nice guy .

I will let you know how it turns out once it gets here 

Dan 

Humdinger 

I bought that omega tank used off her about 2 years ago and never needed it . I really just wanted the external regulator that came with it. But with them coltri coming I figured I would probably be using that 3rd tank now. . I did put air in it last night after. U posted and it came out with some authority with out the 3 pieces on place so it should be fine 

Thanks 

Dan