Omega Supercharger Service

Started my supercharger up to fill my new 74 cu ft tank today. The compressor ran about fifteen seconds and quit. It is about 14 months old and has 40.4 hours on it.

Got the manual out and looked at the trouble shooting section. Noticed that the lights were on but the compressor was not running - the check was to see if water was flowing. It was not.

Called Craig at Straight Shooters who is who I ordered it from. He told me I had to call AOA for service so I did and got Rich who was very helpful, but really only knew enough to give me Todd's name and phone number who is the service rep nationally. I called Todd and got his voice mail leaving a message (4:45 pm). At 7:30 pm (talk about personal service), Todd called me and stayed on the phone as I went through the steps of removing the side panel, testing the water pump, etc. Turns out that the small power wire just inside the water pump must have vibrated enough to fail as I could jiggle the wire and the pump would start until I let go of it.

5 minutes, PayPal, and $32 a new pump is on the way. I will report once it arrives and is up and running again but I can't be more impressed with Todd's desire to assist. Makes me feel really good about my compressor investment so far.....