• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Omega Super Charger

Bit the "pellet" so to speak and ordered an Omega Super Charger compressor yesterday. Supposed to be here Monday. It will be nice to have my own air supply instead of depending on others. The VFD that will fill my tanks has compressor problems and haven't resolved them yet. Just to keep my contact with the VFD, I'll take a tank to them every once in a while after they get back up and running with their compressor in case i"m ever down for some reason.

Ordered my Omega Super Charger on Monday 11/23. UPS delivered it on Friday 11/27. Already filled my Marauder once, my son's Discovery twice and my Discovery once. One 80 cf scuba tank from 2300 psi to 3000 psi. Very happy with the purchase. Very good feeling having your own air course. Shoot as much here in the yard without worrying about getting in touch with the VFD Chief to get my tanks refilled.

No problems setting it up. Plug and play. Couldn't believe it got here so fast. Bought it from Airguns of Arizona.

We got the Omega SC and a Omega 75 cf tank a couple weeks back, we did notice moisture coming out bleed screw when we turned it.. So we ordered a high pressure dryer. We have the Omega in our reloading/gun room that we keep the hum. at 35%. We did not thank that it should have that much moisture coming out of the tank ???????? Other wise the compressor works great and the tank stays cool

"TexasHoosier"Good Luck. A lot of us out here do not know which way to go--Shoebox, Omega, or all the way to Daystate. Please update us on how your Omega performs. Right now I pump. I do not think I am going to buy a tank until I have a compressor.

Hi TexasHoosier,

I was in the AOA store recently and I chose the Daystate (ie. Coltri) electric compressor. I also had a very good close up look at the Omega presser while I was in there which I was considering at the time to save some money.

If you can possibly stretch your wallet to the Daystate then I'd say 100% go for it - you'll only cry once. That's one serious compressor! (I can say that because I used to teach SCUBA diving and so I know a fair bit about them).

The Omega is also a good bit of kit for sure (it is certainly not junk) but it just seemed to me that the hassle factors were significantly higher with the Omega.

Far slower tank filling, more maintenance tasks, rebuild kits(?) and rebuild videos, complicated anti-freeze coolant mixtures etc... 

Personally I'd rather spend time shooting than learning how to rebuild and maintain an Omega compressor - so I chose the Daystate (I also factored in the potential resale value - the Daystate could easily be sold as a SCUBA compressor since that's what it really is and it is there if I ever rekindle an interest in diving)

The Daystate has some regular maintenance too for sure but it seems to mainly boil down to blowing off a little water, checking the oil and changing the air filter occasionally. Pretty much like a car.

Just my pennies worth.

Robert

I have had an omega for a year and have 100 hours on it. I have a original shoe box also. There is no comparison , hands down I like the omega better and so far no problems. The only thing I've done besides keeping the cylinder greased every 4-5 hours is I have changed the royal purple lube in gear box connected to the motor, mine used 6 oz and I was able to drain it by laying the unit on its side.I have also added a extra fan underneath blowing on the gear box , as this is the only thing that seems to get hot.... Plugs into any 110 standard out let unlike the daystate......

Just go one myself from Precision Airguns in Michigan. Filled a 75 cu ft tank yesterday from 0 to 4500 psi. It took a little over 4 hrs. I also installed a high pressure filter before I started the compressor just to be safe. I also topped off my Great White tank from 3000 - 4500 psi in just a few minutes over an hour. My ony complaint is the hose that is attached to the compressor. Looking into possibly changing to a quick connect at the compressor.