Omega Air Charger vs GX-CS4

They both use the same compressor pump design. The Air Charger costs $1500 and usually is out of stock. The GS-4 has dropped as low as $477 plus tax shipped. I compared their rated output. The GS-4 is rated at 11 liters per minute which is 660 liters per hour. 660 liters is 23 CFH and is exactly the same as the Omega Air Charger's 23CFH advertised output. If someone is a power user filling tanks more than twice a week then they should consider a faster filling compressor than these two. Most people aren't so most can live with topping off a 9 liter tank in 90 minutes with a GS-4 at a $477 price tag.

Last edited:
They both use the same compressor pump design. The Air Charger costs $1500 and usually is out of stock. The GX-4 has dropped as low as $477 plus tax shipped. I compared their rated output. The GX-4 is rated at 11 liters per minute which is 660 liters per hour. 660 liters is 23 CFH and is exactly the same as the Omega Air Charger's 23CFH advertised output. If someone is a power user filling tanks more than twice a week then they should consider a faster filling compressor than these two. Most people aren't so most can live with topping off a 9 liter tank in 90 minutes with a GX-4 at a $477 price tag.
That is awesome. Great to hear so much good news about the GX-4. Compressors are becoming very affordable, a true boon to the sport of PCP's. I paid $250 for my Hill hand pump six or seven years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: F6Hawk
phonto.png

Currently running both of them. I picked up the Air Charger 3yrs ago $800 used. Did a full rebuild on the pump. It still has an issue from time to time where it just shuts off randomly while pumping. Just changed out the board but it still intermittently turns off.
I have a friend that runs a Super Charger (5yrs old now) that’s been a real work horse.
Price on the CS4 was too good to pass up. I bought one as a backup. I only have about 3 hrs on it so far but it’s been a great little machine.
The Air Charger has a little more output. I just got done running the CS4 on my 74cf tank for 40 mins and it preformed nicely.
I’m a big fan of these GX pumps. Especially at the current price point. These things have been selling like hot cakes around here and so far I haven’t heard many complaints.

Did you go with
View attachment 436379
Currently running both of them. I picked up the Air Charger 3yrs ago $800 used. Did a full rebuild on the pump. It still has an issue from time to time where it just shuts off randomly while pumping. Just changed out the board but it still intermittently turns off.
I have a friend that runs a Super Charger (5yrs old now) that’s been a real work horse.
Price on the CS4 was too good to pass up. I bought one as a backup. I only have about 3 hrs on it so far but it’s been a great little machine.
The Air Charger has a little more output. I just got done running the CS4 on my 74cf tank for 40 mins and it preformed nicely.
I’m a big fan of these GX pumps. Especially at the current price point. These things have been selling like hot cakes around here and so far I haven’t heard many complaints.
Did you go with pure water, A/F, or WW as a coolant?

They both use the same compressor pump design. The Air Charger costs $1500 and usually is out of stock. The GX-4 has dropped as low as $477 plus tax shipped. I compared their rated output. The GX-4 is rated at 11 liters per minute which is 660 liters per hour. 660 liters is 23 CFH and is exactly the same as the Omega Air Charger's 23CFH advertised output. If someone is a power user filling tanks more than twice a week then they should consider a faster filling compressor than these two. Most people aren't so most can live with topping off a 9 liter tank in 90 minutes with a GX-4 at a $477 price tag.
I’m seeing them for $589 right now.
IMG_4521.jpeg

Seems like a decent price considering the features and advantages of being air independent and not having to use the ice water like with the Yong Heng.

I have both. My Omega Aircharger has be outstanding. It has about 38 hrs on it. My GX CS4 has about 10 hrs on it. It too has been great. The thing with these compressors is to run them at least a few mins a month. I was told (and read) that the seals will get set and may not compress if left to sit a long time. I use the renewable lubricants food grade grease, as recommended. Also on the Aircharger I clean the check valve after a couple hours use. Goes to 4500 -4700 no problem. I usually go a little over to compensate for cool down. I'm just now getting a Daystate Leggero for my other house. But the two GX pumps work great. I shoot alot, and own several bottles, from 3ltr to 6.8ltr tanks. They are always ready to use because of those compressors. Some don't care for the GX, Omega line of compressors. But the simplicity of them helps with durability. Just keep them running cool and not over greased, and they should give great service. I used water wetter and purified water in the both. Hope this helps.

I have both. My Omega Aircharger has be outstanding. It has about 38 hrs on it. My GX CS4 has about 10 hrs on it. It too has been great. The thing with these compressors is to run them at least a few mins a month. I was told (and read) that the seals will get set and may not compress if left to sit a long time. I use the renewable lubricants food grade grease, as recommended. Also on the Aircharger I clean the check valve after a couple hours use. Goes to 4500 -4700 no problem. I usually go a little over to compensate for cool down. I'm just now getting a Daystate Leggero for my other house. But the two GX pumps work great. I shoot alot, and own several bottles, from 3ltr to 6.8ltr tanks. They are always ready to use because of those compressors. Some don't care for the GX, Omega line of compressors. But the simplicity of them helps with durability. Just keep them running cool and not over greased, and they should give great service. I used water wetter and purified water in the both. Hope this helps.

Sounds like you've refilled your grease pot already? Do you remember how many hours you had on the machine when it ran out?

Sounds like you've refilled your grease pot already? Do you remember how many hours you had on the machine when it ran out?
It didn't actually run out. After 2.5 yrs, the grease in the pot was looking kinda crusty..😝 So with 38 or so hours I just cleaned the original grease out and refilled the pot to full. Be sure to burp the air from the pot after filling. I backed out the piston on the pot, and when filling it smacked it slightly on my counter top to force the air to the filling end. I also used a syringe to fill it. So after all those hours, (sorry for the long story), it had only used about a quarter of the original grease. I only turn the fill piston after every 4-5 hrs use. The grease pot was less than a quarter full from new. They really dont require that much grease for good clean operation. GG

It didn't actually run out. After 2.5 yrs, the grease in the pot was looking kinda crusty..😝 So with 38 or so hours I just cleaned the original grease out and refilled the pot to full. Be sure to burp the air from the pot after filling. I backed out the piston on the pot, and when filling it smacked it slightly on my counter top to force the air to the filling end. I also used a syringe to fill it. So after all those hours, (sorry for the long story), it had only used about a quarter of the original grease. I only turn the fill piston after every 4-5 hrs use. The grease pot was less than a quarter full from new. They really dont require that much grease for good clean operation. GG
Don't be sorry, it's information like yours that helps folks know what to expect. I'm impressed, 2.5 years to accumulate 38 hours. I would have guessed more like several months. Truly beneficial information! I'm planning to give mine a turn every 5 hours.

Don't be sorry, it's information like yours that helps folks know what to expect. I'm impressed, 2.5 years to accumulate 38 hours. I would have guessed more like several months. Truly beneficial information! I'm planning to give mine a turn every 5 hours.
Good deal. They aren't as fast as some others, but going slow and staying cooler helps with the life of them. There are folks on here that has had them for 5 or 6 yrs no issues. Hope mine will be one of them. And I'm sure yours will too. I just bought another 60min tank and I know when called upon I will be able to keep it topped off. HPA is one of the things that makes this sport expensive. But having unlimited air is totally worth it for me. Heck, I've repurposed a 30min tank to use to reinflate tires in an emergency. Good luck and keep shooting straight!😁 GG.