Omega air charger thoughts

Of all the options out there, the Air Charger was in my final two. Price and location were two of the biggest factors that kept it in the running so long. I live in AZ and the guy that rebuilds them is located here. When the eventual rebuild became necessary, getting it to him wouldn't have required shipping of a heavy item.
(I ultimately went with the other option).

You may want to look at the GX CS4 also. I just got one and so far am very happy with it. It has a 5 hour run cycle, will fill tanks and can fill airguns that take higer fill pressures like the Huben K1, since it fills to 400 BAR/5000 PSI. There are some other trhreads on it here. I'm not sure who makes the Omega Air for Omega, but the Trail Charger is essentially a water cools GX CS3, kinda like a CS3.5! The CS4 is also water cooled and runs really cool. Just another option to muddy the waters... :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: MACTEN
I have one and it’s been great. I top off a 100cuft tank at least 2 times a week. I have well over 300 hours on mine with no problems. I’d recommend getting a vibration activated hour meter do you can keep up on the grease injector. I also have a super charger…which I no longer use. The air charger is 3x faster.

I think lack of use is hard on these things (omegas). Most guys use them only once a month and they seem to crap out fast. Some times I’m using mine 3 hours per week.

I’m very happy with mine.

Mike

You may want to look at the GX CS4 also. I just got one and so far am very happy with it. It has a 5 hour run cycle, will fill tanks and can fill airguns that take higer fill pressures like the Huben K1, since it fills to 400 BAR/5000 PSI. There are some other trhreads on it here. I'm not sure who makes the Omega Air for Omega, but the Trail Charger is essentially a water cools GX CS3, kinda like a CS3.5! The CS4 is also water cooled and runs really cool. Just another option to muddy the waters... :giggle:

I second that emotion.

...I also have a super charger…which I no longer use. The air charger is 3x faster...

Mike
Hi Mike,

I guess that I'm way off, as I thought that the Air Charger was essentially a Super Charger without the big external case and some other ancillary systems (like timed moisture bleed-off). And they both seem to have similar output volumes (22 or 23 CFH).

So it surprises the heck out of me that the Air Charger could perform so much faster!?! Do you have any ideas why?

Thanks

I have a Omega Turbo Charger and I run it once a week for 5 to 10 minutes. If I'm not filling my 75 cu ft cylinder to 4500psi, I run the compressor until it gets to around 2500psi and open the bleed valve slightly so it stays near that pressure and run it for about 5 minutes. This is what I do, not sure if it's the right way, but I want to run it to avoid problems. If someone has a better Idea, I'm open to any and all ideas.

Not so.

Todd from raptor gave me the time that the supercharger should take from start to shut off with a plug in the hose. Mine is perfectly in range….meaning it’s functioning properly. He checked it after he rebuilt it, and so did I.

My air charger is almost exactly 3x as fast. When I asked Todd about the difference he says they had updated the air charger pump…but not the literature.

I’d ask Todd if you want to know stuff about them.

Mike

Actually this just reminded me to ask Todd about a replacement piston. I also asked about the speed differences again to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

My newer aircharger has a faster motor and an updated piston. My supercharger is a couple years older and did not have either. He said the newest superchargers now have both the new motor and piston assembly….so maybe they are just as fast now?

Mike

Actually this just reminded me to ask Todd about a replacement piston. I also asked about the speed differences again to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

My newer aircharger has a faster motor and an updated piston. My supercharger is a couple years older and did not have either. He said the newest superchargers now have both the new motor and piston assembly….so maybe they are just as fast now?

Mike
Thanks... I was looking for a Compressor to bring to the travel tournaments like RMAC, PAC, and EBR for the Team to use in our AirBnB. Sounds like a solution.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
From Todd at AoA:

On 4/12/2023 3:29 PM, Todd DeOrio wrote:

The newer style piston is 30% faster than the old style piston, the Aircharger has a 900 W motor compared to the supercharger 750 W motor. And I think this guy (Niksch) was referencing an old supercharger probably a good five years old compared to the newer style stuff that we sell now. The turbo charger has a 1200 W motor.… Thank you, Todd