Omega 9L Tank Gauge Thread Size

I have an Omega tank with the HP3 valve. It has the big gauge for hose pressure and the little gauge for tank pressure. I was thinking of replacing the small tank pressure gauge for a bigger one so that it’s easier to read. Does anyone know the thread size of the small gauge? I could remove it and figure it out but I’d have to drain the tank and I’d like to be to wait until I have the new gauge in hand to do that so I can replace it at the same time. Thanks.

Here are a couple pictures. Most every scba valve for airguns that I have seen are SAE pipe threads, as in 1/8-27NPT or 1/4-18NPT.
The photos show a gauge with a 1/8-27NPT and next to it I set a 1/4-18NPT nipple to see a size difference. The 1/8-27NPT would measure about .400” where threads might be exposed. A 1/4-18NPT would measure about .540”.
More than likely you’ll have the 1/8 but then I doubt I’ve seen every tank valve ever made.
The last picture is my Brancato valve. Both gauge ports are 1/8-27NPT.
Hope this helps.

IMG_1469.jpeg

IMG_1470.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1472.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Omega HP-3's have a 1/8-27 NPT thread gauge on the small tank pressure gauge and a 1/4-27 NPT gauge for the large output pressure gauge. NPT gauges all have a tapered thread and seal with teflon tape. Most pressure gauges seen on European manufactured air rifles such as Daystate, FX, etc. have 1/8 BPT gauges that have no taper. They seal with either an o-ring, dowty seal, or delrin disc at their base. Chinese gauges typically have M10*1 non tapered thread or 1/8 NPT tapered thread.

Omega HP-3's have a 1/8-27 NPT thread gauge on the small tank pressure gauge and a 1/4-27 NPT gauge for the large output pressure gauge. NPT gauges all have a tapered thread and seal with teflon tape. Most pressure gauges seen on European manufactured air rifles such as Daystate, FX, etc. have 1/8 BPT gauges that have no taper. They seal with either an o-ring, dowty seal, or delrin disc at their base. Chinese gauges typically have M10*1 non tapered thread or 1/8 NPT tapered thread.
Thank you.