Omega 74cu. ft. tank

I haven't had this issue with my Omega 90cuin tank yet... but it sounds like I will in the near future : (

How do you replace these o-rings?

Thanks!

Very carefully. There is a tiny C clamp underneath the button that is nearly invisible. First you must unscrew the pressure gauge otherwise the button will not clear the gauge when you remove it. I would suggest putting a large clear plastic bag over the valve and very carefully prying off the c clamp spring that holds the button in place on the underside of the valve. I've had my clamp fly away and it's very difficult to find if you do lose it. It's very small. Once removed, the o-rings are easy to replace. I would also suggest clipping a coil or two off the spring. The button if very hard to push under full pressure but much easier. In my experience the spring is too stiff for the job. It works much better if you clip off a coil or two.

Reactions: Green_Yamo
I haven't had this issue with my Omega 90cuin tank yet... but it sounds like I will in the near future : (

How do you replace these o-rings?

Thanks!

Very carefully. There is a tiny C clamp underneath the button that is nearly invisible. First you must unscrew the pressure gauge otherwise the button will not clear the gauge when you remove it. I would suggest putting a large clear plastic bag over the valve and very carefully prying off the c clamp spring that holds the button in place on the underside of the valve. I've had my clamp fly away and it's very difficult to find if you do lose it. It's very small. Once removed, the o-rings are easy to replace. I would also suggest clipping a coil or two off the spring. The button if very hard to push under full pressure but much easier. In my experience the spring is too stiff for the job. It works much better if you clip off a coil or two.

Thank you for this procedure! Also, that's a great tip about the bag. I've had c-clips go flying never to be found!

Thank you!