• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seneca/Sam Yang Oldie but Goodie!

Haven't really brought out the older rifles in awhile. Few weeks ago, I dug them out of the back of the closet. Grabbed ole faithful, .25 2500 sumatra, looked her over, aired her up and let her eat! Well, she started off good and ended up catywampus. Crazy shot string, Found a bad poppet, couldn't find a stock replacement and took a shot in the dark and ordered up off ebay. Measured the new part out, adjusted length and reassembled. She's still bringing over 100 fpe depending on the lead she's slinging, but accuracy wasn't what I remember. Cleaned the barrel and felt negligent. I haven't cleaned the barrel in about 7 years I sadly remembered, if not more. It was obvious. Took her out just now after a thorough, loving, cleaning, hoping and praying she would forgive my tomcatting ways. Sent three full mags downrange 40 yards, three different projectiles, starting three clicks off full power for the first and up one each other mag for a total of 18 rounds. First few rounds shots were errant, but she tightened up nicely!
20230804_202320.jpg

The smaller holes are from the .22 notos. Kinda winging it today, and didn't throw up a new sheet. I'm happy with this as I know I didn't have a rest, and kind of grabbed last minute as the sun was setting. She's got a bit more to offer.

Reactions: Jasonmc
Love those old cannons.. I have a sam yang in 45.. shot it a couple of weeks ago. I had... "Had" coons checking out my chicken coop. Sure a 22 or 25 would have worked good too. But... The 45 was being neglected and needed some air time.
I got a light hunter and recluse also, need to get them out also. I bet that 45 made very short work of that bandit.

Reactions: Jasonmc
I miss my Sumatra .22 it was a powerful gun, but I sold it, I had a Sam Yang 909 .45 I bought as a leaker and a Shin Sung Dragon Slayer .50 I bought as a leaker also, sold the 909 to my best Friend and sold the Dragon Slayer to a GTA Member, Accurate guns, now I have a Shin Sung Fire 9mm I bought as a leaker and fixed, it is accurate and powerful, I love these Korean guns, other than replacing the O-rings and the Poppet now and then, these guns are very dependable.

Reactions: DirtyGator