• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Oldest Springer?

What is the oldest springer you own? Show and tell.

HW55 Tyrolean. Not sure of the year but figure it’s early 1970’s. Been tuned with a Vortek kit. It had the early leather piston seal.
670C318F-19F7-40F5-B4F1-386D7814FDEC.jpeg

Some I shoot, some not. I don't care what anybody thinks about it. It's nunya. LOL! Just my attitude . Cordially :)
BTW it took a year to find or make missing parts for the "BSA Air Rifle". Only completed it about 6 weeks ago.
Many of my BSA prewars came to me missing parts or needing repairs. I find it rewarding to return them to operational condition. Some day they'll all go on the market. Not yet.
If I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my guns for what she thinks I paid for them................😬

What is the oldest springer you own? Show and tell.

HW55 Tyrolean. Not sure of the year but figure it’s early 1970’s. Been tuned with a Vortek kit. It had the early leather piston seal.View attachment 275117
Lovely! If you know the serial that will tell the date.

The 55 retained the leather seal longer than other HW rifles. They believed it shot more smoothly, so it stayed until they finally gave up - or just used up their supply - in the late '80's or early 90's!

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling