Older / Vintage pcp guns.

That made me laugh. I guess it’s not necessarily funny but it struck me that way. I sense you have a good sense of humor and a good attitude about the hobby. It all comes down to how we define “ need” and what we like. I suspect there are lots of older stuff in storage that would be glad to be in your collection and admired. Good luck hunting and gathering 

My HW100 is from 2004....I've had or shot all manner of nice PCPs over the years and this old turd still has the best trigger and magazine system I've ever used. Not a powerhouse, and not the highest shot count, but they were way ahead of their time and still great guns. 

IMG_20210508_144423054_HDR.1642988806.jpg

This is a rebadged FX Tarantula in .22 from around 2002-2004. Very accurate LW barrel, and a very efficient and well setup unregulated action. These things are deadly accurate and nice and lightweight. Decent trigger and a reliable (although slightly cheesy) magazine system. Killer shooting guns. Most had a lot nicer grade of walnut than mine does, and some were downright stellar. 

IMG_20210508_150959161.1642989102.jpg

IMG_20210508_150936963.1642989114.jpg

Another nice classic is the FX Cyclone. I had one that was rebadged as a Webley. It had a nice LW barrel, well tuned unregulated valve, simple 3 stage power adjuster, slick sidelever action and a removable airtube. Very lightweight, powerful, and frugal on air. They were available with a terrible synthetic stock with foam inserts that fell off, or a really nice walnut stock. I miss mine!

1589249686_4568273345eba0696566f19.53598008.1642989722.jpg

If you know me, you must know how hard it is for me to say this, but: 

In the early 2000s before the HW100 came out, FX really made some killer sporting guns. Lots were rebranded as RWS, ARS, Webley.... 

I have a Daystate Harrier SE .22 left hand rifle that I bought used, I think I determined once it's from the late 90s. Still shoots like a dream, definitely my keeper rifle! So...I'm just showing it off, not selling it. 

I also have a BSA Scorpion SE with a synthetic stock that I bought new. It is indeed an excellent rifle. I will only sell it if I can find the "right" left-hand Hunstman Regal XL or possibly Air Arms HFT500 (?) to replace it.

P1040550 - small.1642993600.png

Don't know if I'd call them "vintage" but if you've never shot or owned an FX Royale you don't know what you're missing. That particular platform (Royale, Boss, Bobcat) has one of, if not THE best pellet barrel ever made. Virtually no maintenance, incredibly accurate, dependable, trouble free. Check out the past posts here & you'll see there is nothing but positive comments about them. Once I acquired my Royale 500 (.25) & my Boss (.30) I SOLD all my other guns!

Reactions: napairgunner
I have a Edgun R3 22 std with the grayish green stock and one stock attachment screw. Not sure the year it was manufactured, I purchased it used 5-6 yrs ago. I completely rebuilt/resealed the gun when I first got it. Super easy to work on. For the last 5 yrs this is my favorite air rifle to grab. It doesn't matter if i'm just going plinking or rabbit hunting the POI on this rife does not shift. There is zero air leakage and it will hold 1/2" groups all day long at 50yds with 18gn pellets(with winds less than 4mph or less). Granted this gun will never win a major benchrest competition or any competition for that matter, but not anything I care about. I have thousands of pellets shot through this gun and know exactly when it is telling me it needs a barrel cleaning (500 t0 600 shots). Which is all I've had to do to this gun since the rebuild. This Eddy will be a hand me down for sure just not sure who's going to get it.

HW100, once again tops my list as favorite vintage air rifle. Sure they are still made but the design is 20 years old now with some refinements done to the action. With a good tune you can get a decent shot count. I’ve gone through a few of them in the last few years that I bought from the used market in need of reseals. Parts are plentiful, there are some aftermarket parts ( aluminium air cylinders, magazine holders, trigger shoes, biathlon levers etc) that you can use to make the rifles your own. I absolutely love the Thumbhole stocks on these rifles, even better in laminate. 

Man I remember drooling over most of these guns as a kid in the early 2000’s, I was probably 10 when the obsession started. Me and dad would make the hour trip to Tulsa once a month to go to Barnes and Noble. We’d each pick out a book and dad would get me the European airgun magazine they sold at the time. I wanted a BSA Hornet so bad I think I dreamt about it most nights. Great posts guys!

Beau