• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Old Red Ryder Collection

Hi Terry.

Dan, it's sad to hear about your Grandad's pasing.

I see you have posted over at Daisy Talk and have received several responses. There are good guys here and over there, too and everyone has given you sound advice in my opinion.

For the model numbers and "Register No.s", look carefully at the top of the gun, just forward of the buttstock, working your way towards the front. Use good light and magnification may help, also trying indirect light can sometimes show numbers that are hard to see. Don't sand on the finish or scratch it to raise the numbers. Folks here and searches online can help with removing surface rust, if present. You may already know how yourself, for that matter.

A few older guns may have model information on the sides of the receiver. And clear, close photos of the guns will provide enough clues to ID most guns if the model numbers cannot be seen.

Feel free to email me if you have questions or post them here. I'm not active here as often as I'd like (just not enough time!) but I'll turn on notifications so if there's a reply I'll see it.

Good luck, and take care.

Mark

Reactions: ITACUD
These are some guesses as to models. Dan, be sure to research the two "maybe" guns- they're the oldest.

YQnLlzO.jpg

ETA- It was suggested at Daisy Talk that the one I labeled as "Maybe Model H" might be a Number 12 Model 29 single shot. Here are the old pair, isolated for easier viewing:

$R3WTE7I.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WorriedMan