Old man left behind

Got logged out for some reason. Trying to log back in was unable to do. Don't know what email I originally used to register. After a week of trying gave up and just opened a new account. Even that was total hell and took 3 days. Being old and totally ignorant of all things about computers is taking a bigger and bigger bite out of my old dumb ass every day. I use to be fuznut now I'm that spelled backwards. Not trying to hide from anyone or thing just trying to hold on. If you had me blocked guess you will have to do again . Good day all, sorry for the rant, but im out of walls to knock holes in.

Contact a moderator and they might be able to get you back on your old login
This.

And — take it easy on yourself. Congrats that you are trying!! 👍🏼👍🏼
Computers are not that easy like some make them out to be.

Hang in there, OK? There's plenty of people that can help you here.

Glad you made it back. 😊

Matthias

Got logged out for some reason. Trying to log back in was unable to do. Don't know what email I originally used to register. After a week of trying gave up and just opened a new account. Even that was total hell and took 3 days. Being old and totally ignorant of all things about computers is taking a bigger and bigger bite out of my old dumb ass every day. I use to be fuznut now I'm that spelled backwards. Not trying to hide from anyone or thing just trying to hold on. If you had me blocked guess you will have to do again . Good day all, sorry for the rant, but im out of walls to knock holes in.
"fuznut": we're not dumb or stupid as we began to "ripen", we just have more important things that occupy our minds because "we will" forget more than we've ever remembered. Today was another one of my days that I had to humble myself because of my memory and I'm never too proud to admit that I was wrong.

welcome back , what are your interests ? hunting , targets , tin cans ?

Reactions: .20calguy
I'm not that old, almost half a century and feeling almost exactly the same. I've never been a copmputer savy. I just know the basics and I hate these devices. Then come smartphones, where you push your whole life. Payment cards, cars start with them. They always rattle and ring in the wrong place. I wish there were still old phones and phone booths.
Yes, I know, new ones, they have an on/off button...end of my rant. Thanks and sorry

Thanks to all wish I had a clue, but I don't and probably never will. Kinda sad because just got back from guiding Crain hunts. We only hunt the mornings, middle day I would go to a feed lot and shoot Eurasians with my 500. Killed 154 in three day's the picture of that pile of birds is impressive. But posting it is so far beyond my abilities no point in even trying. If any of you get the chance The area north of Lubbock has unbelievable numbers of Eurasian dove and pigeons and several location's where permission to shoot them with a airgun is easy to get. Just contact feed lots and grain processing plants in that area. You will see thousands of sparrows, starling, pigeons and eurasian dove.

Reactions: maxtrouble
So funny, just today I went back to work from a 3 week vacation and could not remember my login on my work computer. Had to call for help and reset my password. So embarrassing. I feel you sir
One place I worked as a mechanic i had 7 different logins that would change at different times. I had to write the passwords down to keep up with them. I contacted IT and they refused or couldnt do anything about it. They refused to see it was less secure that way. I wasn't even management which was sad as all other mechanics had the same level of access.

Reactions: Struckat
Welcome to the old timers of the world. One app that I've found to be invaluable is a "password vault" that can hold all my passwords along with other data. There is no way I could remember all the passwords I have to deal with and although mine requires an extra step -- I find it invalueable. There are many such apps out there to choose from.

I've seen a business locally named "Best Buy" that has a group called "Geek Squad" who specialize in helping those of us who are NOT well versed with todays technology. You pay for the service but it's often worth it. Look around your area and see whats available.

Reactions: lbc_PSI
I'm not that old, almost half a century and feeling almost exactly the same. I've never been a copmputer savy. I just know the basics and I hate these devices. Then come smartphones, where you push your whole life. Payment cards, cars start with them. They always rattle and ring in the wrong place. I wish there were still old phones and phone booths.
Yes, I know, new ones, they have an on/off button...end of my rant. Thanks and sorry
I turned off the text on my phone , just don't want it . phones are to talk with .

One place I worked as a mechanic i had 7 different logins that would change at different times. I had to write the passwords down to keep up with them. I contacted IT and they refused or couldnt do anything about it. They refused to see it was less secure that way. I wasn't even management which was sad as all other mechanics had the same level of access.
Yikes, sounds like us. Automotive

If you have a iPhone, there's an app called PasswordWallet.

You save all your passwords and logins in one place..and have a single app login (or face ID) to access them all. The app backs up all the passwords and you can send yourself the backup file as an attachment to an email from within the app.

Not sure if it's available on the Android devices.

Reactions: maxtrouble
What the youngins of today don't realize, us old foogies didn't grow up with computers like they did. We had to learn as adults which is harder. Our brains aren't like the kids soaking up knowledge like a sponge. Ours or more like that sponge that's almost soaked and just can't pick up much more.
Right, I was 21 before I even saw a computer, if you don't count the commodore(sp) 64. And that was DOS no Windows.