• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Old leaky Disco .22

Dog

Jul 22, 2023
Moved!
My first affordable PCP bought new 2009 around $250. That’s about $10,000 in today’s dollars?

The gun always had slow leak, now retired and still had slow leak! So rainy days ahead I snooped the rifle and found leak at base of pressure gauge. Looked online, found schematic and ordered o-ring kit to cover anything I might tear up.

Only issue found is I have the old version with NPT gauge threads. Read that the newer rifles went o-ring seals before discontinued. Replaced gauge block o-rings then set up tube; fill valve, gauge and valve as seen in picture for HP test. I had to really crank down on tapered threads or new gauge block with o-ring would be in the works.

Cheap and easy to work on ;)

Disco gauge block leak.jpg

Thanks. The Disco and my Talon SS are light and easy to carry in the field. The TKO is a must on the Disco to be back yard friendly but have to be careful in the brush or just remove it.
Anyone have a good source and experience with new O-ring gauge block, extension and gauge package? If I have to do valve work, not sure if I can get the NPT threads tight again in the future. Cheers.

Speaking of old leaky Disco’s this one came to me last week. It leaks out the barrel when you try to fill (even when cocked) so I‘m assuming it is a valve issue. It came with an estate I bought that included 2 Marauders with Michael Chavka stocks. It doesn’t look like there is much stock on the Disco. BNM receiver, shroud, etc. Does anyone have a guess who might have made the stock?

Clint

IMG_1854.jpeg

Speaking of old leaky Disco’s this one came to me last week. It leaks out the barrel when you try to fill (even when cocked) so I‘m assuming it is a valve issue. It came with an estate I bought that included 2 Marauders with Michael Chavka stocks. It doesn’t look like there is much stock on the Disco. BNM receiver, shroud, etc. Does anyone have a guess who might have made the stock?

Clint

View attachment 429729
Judging from the pistol grip, would guess that is a Steve Corcoran stock. Want to sell it?