• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Old fart challenge

35Fl2h4.jpg

fXZO2S2.jpg

Here ya go.
Scope was at 12X

Reactions: Moog
my dad had this Benjamin Franklin model-312 for as long as i could remember when i was
a child. when i turned 12 he gave it to me and its been with me ever since. (51years)
i sent it to Dennis Baker about 5 years ago for a total restore. thats when i installed the vintage
Redfield scope.
my old eye cant function thru the peep any more.
i shoot this several times a month on farm pests, so i'm purdy good with it, i will say !
this target @ 25yrds Freehand
crosman premiers 14.3gr
5 pumps @ 526fps

Benny 312.jpg

312 target.jpg

My first air gun Sears Golden boy . Will post results later..

View attachment 280546
I had one of those! We (my brothers and I) had that, the Daisy double-barrel bb-gun that was impossible to cock, and the Daisy not-a-Red-Ryder that you fed by unscrewing the mechanism off the front of the barrel and pouring a milk carton full of bb's into it. They're all long gone now.

Well here’s my first and second old fart challenge attempts with my P3 off hand at 25 yards open sights!
I’m so proud, I didn’t think I’d be able to hit the broad side of a barn but boyhowdy I did better than that!
The first attempt was disappointing but I still hit the barn door once!
Then I knew where I was hitting so I put up another official barn target and gave it another go.
That barn door bull never gets any easier to hit, but this time I just riddled it with the old P3!
A9ABC9AF-3166-4618-8E20-D921E6CD1822.jpeg
57BA438A-08FA-4BDE-989F-0C9575F84E64.jpeg

Hey Dave,

That is some really good shooting for offhand. I don't think that I would be able to even see the Cupola at 25-yards, much less hit it!

ThomasT
Well I just took a break and tried the old fart challenge using my second airgun purchase that I still have.
It’s a AirArms S200 in .177 shooting the JSB 10.34 and the shooting is off hand like the rules call for.
I put up a chipmunk target and shot 10 at the head and 10 at the heart.
I’m going to let the target speak for itself…
Only two missed shots on a little chipmunk off hand at 25 yards!!
Wow.
30D553C8-16DA-497E-B40D-F327291B34DF.jpeg

Well I just took a break and tried the old fart challenge using my second airgun purchase that I still have.
It’s a AirArms S200 in .177 shooting the JSB 10.34 and the shooting is off hand like the rules call for.
I put up a chipmunk target and shot 10 at the head and 10 at the heart.
I’m going to let the target speak for itself…
Only two missed shots on a little chipmunk off hand at 25 yards!!
Wow.
View attachment 282397
Looks like a dead chipmunk to me (y)

ThomasT