• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Old Daystates... Are they any good?

I’m specifically looking at a Daystate .22 X2. I’m not sure if it would be possible for people in the Uk to send their air rifles over to the US but I sure hope that’s not the case. Does anyone know how well this X2 shoots? 50 yards accuracy? 100 yard? What’s its consistency since I don’t know if I could find a regulator for it? Is it true Daystate quality? Does it have weird issues? Cmon, there has to be at least one person with some knowledge about old Daystates! I just hope that knowledge is positive because if I could swap my Nova Vista Liberty for a Daystate and not have to have an empty wallet and have a gun that groups under 1” @75 yards that would be something...

(also, I’m taking about the FAC 30ftlb version)

Thanks!

AK

I bought a few airguns from the UK. Didn't have to deal with any issues as they aren't under the same regulations here as they are there. Nowadays probably the biggest issue will be shipping as available transport is way down.

Older model English airguns were for the most part tack drivers. I've own BSA's, Daystates, Theobens...all were accurate and had very good triggers.

I bought a few airguns from the UK. Didn't have to deal with any issues as they aren't under the same regulations here as they are there. Nowadays probably the biggest issue will be shipping as available transport is way down.

Older model English airguns were for the most part tack drivers. I've own BSA's, Daystates, Theobens...all were accurate and had very good triggers.

Slowly my hope is being restored...

AK

That's a good entry level Daystate gun worth around $300- $400 today's dollars so factoring shipping and customs fees on top of your purchase price you should be aware of that. I wouldn't bother trying to have a cheap gun exported out of UK unless it was for at least aTheobenSLR98 or a RipleyAR5s or a Whiscombe. Yo

Though Daystates are great guns I hope you realize you're buying an OLD gun and ALL PCPs will require resealing sooner or later. I say buy a new gun here with a good warranty from a reputable dealer who cares about their customers and stands behind what they sell. Yo

I get what you say, but a new Daystate Huntsman costs $1000, and I could get this Daystate while I save up for the Huntsman. When I’m ready for the Huntsman, I’ll sell the old Daystate here for less then how much I paid for it (after export costs etc.) and get the Huntsman. Also, the the one that I’m looking at has been apparently serviced “recently”. My next gun will be used because I’m going to save up for the Huntsman and I want to get pretty much what I paid for the gun when I sell it, so we will see. 

AK

You're gonna have a very hard time selling it unless you buy it and sell it for really dirt cheap. Look to buy something else worthwhile instead like an old FX Tarantula in 22 or any of it's variants if you want to shoot 100 yards if you insist on wanting an old accurate gun which modern PCPs would truly envy. Yo

You're gonna have a very hard time selling it unless you buy it and sell it for really dirt cheap. Look to buy something else worthwhile instead like an old FX Tarantula in 22 or any of it's variants if you want to shoot 100 yards if you insist on wanting an old accurate gun which modern PCPs would truly envy. Yo

Where do you find old FXs? I can’t find any for sale...

AK

Though Daystates are great guns I hope you realize you're buying an OLD gun and ALL PCPs will require resealing sooner or later. I say buy a new gun here with a good warranty from a reputable dealer who cares about their customers and stands behind what they sell. Yo

It depends. People are finding leaks in their one year old FX Impacts. On the other hand, older guns had less seals and they were generally very robust. I had 25 year old Daystates that still didn't leak. If they do they are simple to work on.

Old FX's tend to get leaks earlier, in my experience, but again, they are pretty easy and cheap to reseal if they do.

By the way, one of my favorite go-to guns of all time is my little synthetic stocked unregulated FX Cyclone. Super efficient. Plenty of shots on full power and crazy accurate with it's LW barrel. I couldn't hope to count how much game I took with that gun.

My Theoben Rapids have been trouble free and leak free and laser accurate.