• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Old Condor

Got a .22 Condor that's been in storage 10 years. It was tuned and quieted by a pro when new. Have two stock air tanks for it. At minimum it needs all new seals. I was thinking to perhaps mail it to someone for nothing up front, at an agreed price -- to be fully approved on verification of condition. I simply don't want to fool with it.

Before listing, how would I determine the status of the people on the board? I see numbers for "reaction score", "rating", "messages" and "level". It looks like "rating" is set to "0" or "100" but no numbers in between. What stats would you use to qualify someone for a deal like this?

In order to access the classified section, you need to have 10 meaningful posts. Start with introducing yourself, then look through the forums. You can always reply with hints, tricks, or just ask questions.
Hopefully your old Condor will go to someone deserving and not be quickly flipped for profit.
Best if luck!
FWIW-an Airforce Condor was my first PCP. It is simple to work on and extremely versatile.
It's long gone now, but I have a Talon P and a Texan 45SS, both great guns.

Got a .22 Condor that's been in storage 10 years. It was tuned and quieted by a pro when new. Have two stock air tanks for it. At minimum it needs all new seals. I was thinking to perhaps mail it to someone for nothing up front, at an agreed price -- to be fully approved on verification of condition. I simply don't want to fool with it.

Before listing, how would I determine the status of the people on the board? I see numbers for "reaction score", "rating", "messages" and "level". It looks like "rating" is set to "0" or "100" but no numbers in between. What stats would you use to qualify someone for a deal like this?
AF guns are easy to repair. This reseal kit from Tony is probably all you need with a little lube.

Screenshot_20221214-201017_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221214-201003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: JamesW1
If you are new to airguns, just a bit hard to figure out.
IF you can identify old timers , that is THE ticket. Everyone used to give a 3 day inspection, USPS M/O's unless you wanted a Whiscombe then green cash in the mail to the UK. No problems ever.
Airgunners that have had the same email 10-20 years are a good bet.

And, not a thing wrong with listing it exactly "as is". If it does not hold air, fine just say so most anyone wanting a used AF rig very likely knows what they are and what it takes to fix. Lot's of pictures & clear communication.
Also any ligament airguner IS willing to talk airguns! Talk! They should knows many other airgun folks. Talk on the phone, period. Google name & address , just general good due diligence.

Now not any doubt this forum try's on the point's references .... in the classifieds but for me (then again I do know who a good many people are having read the old printed airgun letter bi-monthly mailed to you ad's) have shoot in club's 10+ years, purchased well over 100 used airguns. Sold almost all of those ....... .
See how much airgun folks like to talk(type, much rather speak ?) I just feel the system in place here is too easy for someone -and it has happened- to scam said system then take advantage of you good nature.

If You can prove Who You are no one ligament should have any problem dealing with you.

Good luck,
John

Reactions: JamesW1