Old but Gold

Nowadays everything must be bigger, faster and louder. I can still remember how much fun we had with 30FPE air rifles and what we were capable of doing with them. Has these high powered air rifles made us better shots? Well sometimes i wonder. Here is a old video where i did some pest control with the 30FPE Daystate Huntsman Revere.

What a brilliant air rifle, just a straight forward piece of kit that only requires air, pellets and a decent shot behind a scope and i promise you, you will have a blast of a time.

What do you think?

Rock Pigeon Hunting | Daystate Huntsman Revere | Air Gun Pest Control

and here is mine!

20200622_120234.jpg

1000001807.jpg
1000001808.jpg
You don't have to convince me...Daystate Regal, Taipan Veteran Mk1, Kalibergun Mini Carbine, FX Bobcat...Wouldn't even consider the "latest and greatest"...I'm satisified. I use airguns for enjoyable target shooting, 30fpe is fine for that...The Regal .20 cal group is 10 shots @ 30y running at 800fps with 13.73s
If I need more power I would use a pb...acceptable on my property.

Shooting a lot sub12 lately in .177 & .22.

Looking at the British sub12 hunting and pesting vids with much more respect.

We FAC shooters just aim and shoot. That sub12 makes you want to blend in & camouflage as you need to close in on targets.

Like this sub12 game very much for now.

Nice video vriend. Baje dankje.

I completely agree!!

I had posted a similar sentiment not too long ago about how nice it was to shoot and hunt with a new-at-that-time Huntsman Revere after I had spent months struggling to slug tune my FX Impact and Panthera. It was so refreshing to simply pull the Revere out of the box, get it scoped up and sighted in, and then shoot dimes without having to fuss around at all. It reminded of the joys of airguns that I was starting to forget about. It actually led me to start simplifying my airgun choices again. Couldn't be happier!

IMG_6155.JPG

Shot placement is always key. I tell this to the guys that insist on having to use a boo win mag for white tail deer. A good clean shot through the vitals will anchor about any animal. Larger calibers just allow for the shot to be off more.

Low powered guns are not as effectived by recoil as their higher powered Brothers. Smoother shot cycle makes the shooting experience much simpler.

Reactions: eric_airguns