Kalibrgun Old broken cricket story

A friend had a very nice early model cricket that wouldn't take air and it was up for sale.
IMG_5283.jpg

I reached out to Derrick @zx10wall, and talked to him about the cricket and sent him this photo....In his words "Buy the darn thing and send it my way"

So I bought it and sent it straight to Derrick for his "Fluff and Buff" expertise 😎

Well Derrick being Derrick resealed the rifle, put a plenum on it, reconfigured the cocking handle, did a super trigger job on it and whatever other "Fluff and Buff" he does.

I received the Cricket at 8 P.M. and of course I had to wait for awhile until I got the scope mounted on it.

IMG_9287.JPG

Derrick said this was a very early model with no safety, so probably around 10 years old....Damn good shape for a 10 year old rifle 😎

So I mounted the scope and right before the rain came in, I got the scope sighted in at 20 yards. Here is a target of 5 shots before the downpour.

I was shooting 24 grain Rangemaster's right at about 880 FPS right where Derrick had tuned it.

IMG_9282.JPG
IMG_9285.JPG

Rain for the next few days so I will have to wait to stretch it out.

THANKS Derrick for a great shooting Cricket.

Tony P.

Last edited:
I have one, bought it 8 years ago and have had to replace one O ring since then. They are great guns, yeah, technology has passed them by but they get the job done. They are very easy to work on and as accurate as anything out there today. I’ve seen them in the classifieds for $800 or less, hell of a deal for someone on a budget. This is straight out of the tin at 910 fps.
IMG_1600.jpeg

Last edited: