• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Old $25 chinese crack barrel.

I'm attempting a sear repair on this guy.
It's designed to be able to lock the spring with the stock screw allowing access to the sear.

The trigger is stamped tin with a hard metal inseart in the sear area. The stamped metal was bent there causing it not to engage. I hammered it back into shape on the anvil.

I'm sure the problem will reoccur down the road.
20230921_172509.jpg

Reactions: Northwoods22
Shoots good again.
I haven't shot it in twenty five years.
I hit a pill bottle at twenty five yards, and it had good penatration. So I took a few shots at the 75 yard target and was impressed with the speed. Thats when I discovered it was dieseling, so I put it away, for another day.

I remember speed shooting this guy, and being really rough cocking it. So maybe if I'm gentle with it I'll get a few tins out of it before it returns to being a wall hanger.

Bummer I forgot the platic receiver cap. Lol
👍

20230921_193620.jpg

It should last, with occasional repairs. Had the old leather seal "Cummings Tools Truck" $20.00 (and a sleeve of 10 pellets that would blow to pieces 1-2"s from leaving the barrel). Hadn't ever seen one before but needed a rear site and thought $20 for that reasonable. Took it apart to install a synthetic seal & adapter but left it apart for ages.
Did get it put back together and the darn thing shot decent groups at 605fps. Cheap enough to have fun trying things to the stock also.
B3Cummings 004.jpg

B3Cummings 017.jpg

Cummingsb3.jpg

Lasted about20 years and breaking the bear trap was the end. Diduse the parts for this & that.

John

It should last, with occasional repairs. Had the old leather seal "Cummings Tools Truck" $20.00 (and a sleeve of 10 pellets that would blow to pieces 1-2"s from leaving the barrel). Hadn't ever seen one before but needed a rear site and thought $20 for that reasonable. Took it apart to install a synthetic seal & adapter but left it apart for ages.
Did get it put back together and the darn thing shot decent groups at 605fps. Cheap enough to have fun trying things to the stock also.
View attachment 390860
View attachment 390862

View attachment 390863

Lasted about20 years and breaking the bear trap was the end. Diduse the parts for this & that.

John
Thats great.