Ol Ed knocked a orange thief upside the head!

93422944-5F69-4FE2-A346-CF8293F8DCA3.jpeg

Raccoons have been stealing my oranges, so I had to grab the Edgun leshiy 2. They are rather difficult to hunt where I live. It seems like the ones in rural areas are very skittish. I have a timeshare at a lake community and the raccoons there are easy to kill in comparison.

I love this Edgun leshiy 2. One will always be in my collection!

More raccoons to come! The 40+ pound boar is still on the prowl.

racoons steal my bird seed , but not for long . Lot of weekenders here at the lake so racoons are rather well fed and not so skittish.
Yeah, at my lake house I can whistle at them and they stay. The ones at my ranch a mouse fart would scare them.

I would leave the raccoons alone if they left me alone. Crazy how much damage they can cause in one night.

View attachment 307409
Raccoons have been stealing my oranges, so I had to grab the Edgun leshiy 2. They are rather difficult to hunt where I live. It seems like the ones in rural areas are very skittish. I have a timeshare at a lake community and the raccoons there are easy to kill in comparison.

I love this Edgun leshiy 2. One will always be in my collection!

More raccoons to come! The 40+ pound boar is still on the prowl.
Buy a foxpro caller, and download the coon fighting #3 tune. Then get your machine gun ready. Day or night the whole pack will run down that call with attitude. It's complete chaos, Ive switched up to a 10/22 because the action is fast n furious

Buy a foxpro caller, and download the coon fighting #3 tune. Then get your machine gun ready. Day or night the whole pack will run down that call with attitude. It's complete chaos, Ive switched up to a 10/22 because the action is fast n furious
Sounds like fun! I’ll get me one. The population has gone out of control. Nobody hunts them around my area.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
@coonslayer Must be something to these country animals. In my experience these suckers fall for calls once, maybe twice then you better have some more tricks up your sleeves because they aren’t going for it.

@Boostcreep Raccoons definitely eat pecans. A man I grew up coon hunting with used to nail plenty of them on his property. In fact his coon hounds were penned in proximity to his pecan trees. When they would start sounding off in the middle of the night, out he came with the rifle and a flashlight or spotlight and there’d be eyes in his trees.

Now what I didn’t know is that they ate oranges. @Calbassin22 has this been an issue for long?

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOMER
@coonslayer Must be something to these country animals. In my experience these suckers fall for calls once, maybe twice then you better have some more tricks up your sleeves because they aren’t going for it.

@Boostcreep Raccoons definitely eat pecans. A man I grew up coon hunting with used to nail plenty of them on his property. In fact his coon hounds were penned in proximity to the trees. When they would start sounding off in the middle of the night out he came with the rifle and a flashlight or spotlight and there’d be eyes in his trees.

Now what I didn’t know is that they ate oranges. @Calbassin22 has this been an issue for long?
I think they have been doing it for years. I just caught them red handed one night.

I'm not sure if I've seen anything edible that raccoons won't eat.

The most extreme, once on a camping trip I had my head under water in a stream to wash the soap off. I had left my bar of soap by my kneecap, in a zip-lock bag. By the time I pulled my head out of the water, I found the bag, empty, torn open with what looked like raccoon hand sized tears. I couldn't have been under water for more than 5 seconds.

If I left a raccoon corpse on my property, by the next night some other raccoon would be eating (the corpse).

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Nice coon 🦝

I'm still waiting to get a chance at the local beast myself. I threw out some chicken bones. maybe he'll show his face that coward 😂🍗🐔
I sat out last night for 2 hours waiting for one to show up. Seen a fat ole possum but he doesn't mess with my hens so I didn't blast him. He actually lives under my neighbor's shed. He's almost all black which I've never seen one like that before.

Reactions: sasquatch
I sat out last night for 2 hours waiting for one to show up. Seen a fat ole possum but he doesn't mess with my hens so I didn't blast him. He actually lives under my neighbor's shed. He's almost all black which I've never seen one like that before.
They are elusive critters! The possums give me hell as well. They knock over all my stater trees and kill them looking for grubs/worms. I just trap and relocate them. My grandfather had a bad experience letting a raccoon out of a trap, so unfortunately the ol Edgun takes care of them.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I've trapped easily over 1000 coon, I've bought my first car from money on the fur trade. So if you have a coon problem you can either set wait around for them, or entice them. Of course they will eat anything they can get they greedy hands on. But theirs a few things you can do to attract them, WILD CHERRY, concentration available from baking stores is about the most common long call of all professional trapper's. If you spray some around a den tree at noon on a sunny day, by 12:30 everyone of them will be on the ground 😂😂, but fish oil and cat food in a tire trap/feeder.otherwise known as the SAM WOOD INVENTION, nice video on the subject on Youtube.
Happy coon hunting