• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Oklahoma Elementary air rifle rifle team wins Nationals in Missouri

It’s a wonderful sport that, most people will be surprised, is dominated by girls.
It doesn't surprise me at all. I've read many articles over the years on how females tend to be better shooters, possibly due to more patience, better ability to concentrate on a task, and less perceived pressure on them to perform well, compared to guys.

Reactions: aaroncr
It doesn't surprise me at all. I've read many articles over the years on how females tend to be better shooters, possibly due to more patience, better ability to concentrate on a task, and less perceived pressure on them to perform well, compared to guys.
It’s because teenage girls communicate better. If something is wrong or they aren’t sure about something, etc. they communicate their issues with the coach. Teenage boys are more independent and less likely to listen or ask for help. There are absolutely good male shooters. I am not saying girls are better than boys. There are just more girl shooters that are good compared to boys that are good. There are also more girls in the sport. This weekend at the Olympic Training Center in CO Springs is the Winter Airgun Championship (& also an Olympic qualifier match for 10M air rifle). There will be around 250 women shooting compared to around 150 males.