• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results OKCGC Field Target match 4/15/2023 Results

1681822371777.jpeg

1681822392816.png

The OKCG Field Target match started off a little bit on the windy side. But that did not last long. We started the match at 10:00 am and then the wind came up much harder than was predicted. We set the Troyer down a couple of notches because of what the wind speed would be for that day. Nope, it came in on us like a paper fan and went up like it was out of a jet! Gusts were up to at least 25+ mph and felt like it was coming from a helicopter. We shoot in a hub, like that of a wagon wheel the spokes are our lanes. Shooting in the woods gives the shooter even more to contend with!!
We shoot at the Archery range, and they are having an ASA Archery state qualifier match in May. The ASA folks cut the lanes like a tunnel, which compounded the wind even more. I think it made it more interesting, keeps the shooters on their game!
Enough with this match directors crying, lol. It’s all about the shooters that come to the OKCGC range to shoot and have a great time!
We had 22 shooters come out today. Great to see everyone!

We set out 30 targets in 15 lanes for a 60-round match. We paired them up by drawing chips, sent them to their assigned lanes and yelled out “WE ARE HOT”. They began blasting away and knocking down those pesky animal targets with so many different KZ sizes!!!

Rick Cuccio sure loves his FX Royale as he did an outstanding job shooting a 55 in this wind to take 1st place with a 55.
Thom Davies took the 2nd spot with a 53. Thom has been on fire this year, not only at OKCGC but at different FT events around the south.
In 3rd place was Mark Welker shooting a 50!

OKCGC had 3 Springers come out.
Stan Miller took the Top spot with a 25, His son Richard Miller was 2nd with a 23 and Dawson was DNF after his issue with his rifle. I like to see Springers show up.

Stan K. was the only show for WFTF class and shot a nice 45! He drives 5 hours to get to our range. Thank you, Stan.

Bob Benda brought out two of his grand kids to shoot in our Junior class. One in HFT pcp the other in HFT Springer. Anya, she shot a very nice 45 in PCP and Dawson shot his Springer but ended up with a DNF. He had dropped his gun and his pellets were not going where they should have hit. Sorry Dawson for that to happen. You will get it straightened out next time buddy, we all are pulling for you and glad you come out.

I must mention the Cajun GP match. There were 5 Okies shooters in the Hunter class at the Cajuns. Having 5 Okies out of 34 entries makes Oklahoma proud.
Rick C was 5th. Thom D 12th. Mark W. 20th. Curtis N. 21st and Leon O’. 27th. Congratulations you guys!

I want to say thank you to all that help with these matches, it could not come off as great without Y’all!
See you next month!!
Here is a link to the Air gun Shoot match tracker. Thanks to Scott Cotton at Arlington Sportsmans club for developing the website. And to Curtis for putting the data into it.
All you need to do is click on a name to see all the data. Pretty cool
!!!!
…The Gang at OKCGC…

IMG_2784.JPG
IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG
IMG_2774.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG
IMG_2793.JPG
IMG_2795.JPG
IMG_2799.JPG
IMG_2797.JPG
IMG_2801.JPG
IMG_2802.JPG
IMG_2803.JPG
IMG_2804.JPG
View attachment 349120

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

Last edited:
Man you guys have a good sized group of shooters! What was it, roughly two years ago that you started holding matches?

Congrats on the successful growth of field target in the OKC area!!!.
Thanks Frank.
It was more like three years ago they started Field Target. I started with them two years ago. We have a great bunch of guys that just love to shoot Pellet guns!! All of us work hard to bring the best for the shooters. We are glad they come and really glad they enjoy it!!!
It's FUN :cool::love::ROFLMAO::coffee:

Well done on the video Dave. We appreciate all you do by bringing your air compressor, adding your write ups and videos. After driving a couple of hours to get here too.
It takes a village...
Not a problem. OKC gun club has a real gem in it's back pocket; The airgun segment should be highly regarded within the club structure as the fastest growing category in its' portfolio. It's only going to grow and get bigger.
FT, XFT, Bench. It's off the chain in growth! Executive club leadership should be investing in the growth of this organization segment.
With a MINIMUM of 20 shooters AT EVERY MATCH I'm going to predict a 30 shooter turnout at a match this year.