• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results OKCGC Field Target 4-16-2022 Match results

c7d5e6b71ba0cc8d26aea44ddecea4b8

Oklahoma City Gun Club shot their April match with a brisk start! It was 41 degrees when we started the match at around 10:00 AM and it went all the way up to a blistering 52 degrees! With the wind blowing @ 15+mph's at times. But that didn't seem to stop the guys from wanting to come out and shoot. We had a great time!

We put up 2 elevated targets this time. A squirrel and a bull. Someone commented (Dave I think) on the bull in the tree, “I never have seen a bull in a tree”. I heard Tony say “Its the Red Bull, just needed to add the wings” lol. 

This was a 60 round match with a Troyer of 31 or so and the wind didn't make it any easier. Everyone had to shoot in it all day. They had FUN. 

Placement: Hunter PCP

1st Mike Massie with a 55.

2nd Bob B and Mike Atwell tied with 50s

3rd Dave Cole. with a 49

Open PCP: 

Al D. with a 39

We had a Junior shooter again, Dawson H. that did a great job on this his second outing. With a 36! Way to go Dawson.

We have a good crew and shooters, come on out and shoot with us Y'all!!!

....Until next month....

Another great match put on by the OKC club. Yeah, it was windy and a bit chilly but didn't seem to discourage but a few. Mike Massey took everyone to class shooting a 55/60 in those conditions. Nice shooting Mike! It also looked like a day to be shooting a BSA. Three out of the top four were shooting an econo model BSA. This proves you don't need top shelf equipment to podium. 
Big shout out to Dawson (who was also shooting a BSA) for a fabulous score on his first match. Bob, get this young man a gun of his own and he'll beat all of us! 
See ya all at the inaugural XFT Saturday!

This was my first FT event and I couldn't have shot with a friendlier group of folks. I was paired with pro-shooter Larry, who showed me some of 'the ropes' in field target. The course at OKC Gun Club is a really nice layout and does a great job simulating hunting critters in the woods.

I had a great time and am looking forward to shooting again next month - Thom