• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

OKCGC 6-18-2022 FT Match results

OKCGC logo.png

MATCH REPORT
"OKC" Field Target
Date: 6/18/2022 60: ROUND MATCH TROYER: 31
#'s NAME PLACE SCORE CLASS GUN SCOPE PELLET
1 Dave C. 1st 53 H PCP BSA R-10 HAWKE H&N 10.34
2 Caleb Dickerson 2nd 48 H PCP MARAUDER HAWKE JSB 10.34
4 Mark W 3rd 47 SPRINGER JW 65 HAWKE 10.34
3 Steve H. 47 H PCP T 200 AA ATHLON TALOS JSB 10.34
5 Joe U 44 H PCP STEYR WARD 10.34
6 Staci C 43 H PCP MARAUDER HAWKE 10.34
7 Mike Atwell 42 H PCP FX DREAMLINE RITRON JSB 10.34
8 Butch E 40 H PCP STEYR SIGHTRON 10.34
9 Bob B. 38 H PCP BSA BUC. ATHLON JSB 10.34
10 Stan Kaloyanov 38 H PCP THOMAS SIGHTRON 8.44
11 John Sarsycki 37 H PCP MAC-1 HUNTER RITRON JSB 10.34
12 Thom D. 36 H PCP IMPACT ELEMENT 10.34
13 Rick C. 35 H PCP MARAUDER HAWKE JSB 10.34
14 Don Faulkenberry 33 H PCP FWB ATHLON 10.34
15 Tony Smith 30 H PCP AA 400 ATHLON 10.34
16 Curtis N 30 H PCP IMPACT ELEMENT 11.7
17 Dawson H JUNIOR 20 SPRINGER GREMAN HW 97 HAWKE 8.44
18 Woody Liddell DNF H PCP MARAUDER ATHLON 10.34

OKCGC had our June 18th 2022 FT Match this Saturday. It was a very hot day with the temp at around 97, the humidity at 80-85 percent. Needless to say it was a really muggy day. We did a 60 round match with 15 lanes. Even though it was hot, everyone seemed to have a great time. I wish I could have lowered the temperature a little!!!!
There was not a lot of wind, really it was almost zero wind. That helped the pellet out but no cooling down effect on us!
We put out a lot of water bottles to keep everyone hydrated and some what cool.
There were 18 shooters that came out in this heat, you guys are the best. We appreciate Y'all a lot.
Dave Cole shot a nice 53 score to take 1st place.
Followed be Caleb Dickerson for 2nd place with a 48.
3rd was Mark W. with a 43 shooting his beautiful piston rifle!
Our Junior shooter Dawson shot a nicely done 20, keep it going Dawson!
We had a new shooter that came all the way out from Arkansas. Stan Kaloynov. He drove 5 hours one way to shoot with us. Everyone said Howdy an it was a pleasure meeting you. Come on back!!

After the match was over Pearl made everyone lunch. Really good tasting Hotdogs, beans, potato salad and all the fix-ins! Oh yes we also had some good tasting watermelon and mmmmm brownies! During lunch we gave out the poker chips for 1st-3rd places. It was a great way to end the match, and we ate under the covering in the pavilion (SHADE!!).
The OKC Gang thanks you!!!!

image1 (12).jpeg
image2 (9).jpeg
image3 (9).jpeg
image4 (6).jpeg
image5 (1).jpeg
image6.jpeg
image8.jpeg
image9.jpeg
image11.jpeg

Reactions: okieairgunner
The heat and humidity didn't stop very many shooters either. I had a wonderful time! Shooting with all the guys and gals there is pure comradery. I had the pleasure to shoot with a Stan who drove over from Benton Arkansas to knock some targets down with his Thomas/Sightron rig. To put that in perspective, that's a solid 5 1/2 hour, > 375 mile drive! And I thought I sometimes drive a long way to just shoot a club match...
And yes, I have to echo the same as davit66.
I failed to take any pics of the spread of the lunch. Sorry.. Plenty of hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, ice cold watermelon, as well as ice cold drinks to wash it all down with. Oh yeah! and the walnut brownies! The match was a culmination of great food and great fun!
Those of you who were not able to make it out you missed a heck of a match. Be sure to make a concerted effort to come out for the July match. It can't be any hotter or more humid that's for sure. Remember, there's the XFT match the following weekend too!
See everyone next month!