Okay what's the deal with the Hatsan Sortie

Are you having issues with normal function? I wouldnt recommend any of the mods I did as they were strictly to get the gun to run with a moderator. And %5 of the time, I still had failures to cycle. Plus it was very hard on the gun.

If you are having cycling issues, pull the shroud off. Check the piston oring, probably replace it. Put some silicone grease on it. Also check the piston rod and the bit it attaches to in the side of the action and make sure nothing is bent. Clean the grease out of the gears and re-apply. Other than that, you can check the power adjuster behing the hammer and make sure it hasn't backed off. Though, that's pretty unlikely. Mine did have a hammer failure where the hammer broke. The replacement part was better constructed.

Reactions: WashJohny
Tuning them isn't much of a thing. There isn't a whole lot of room for adjustment outside of where the action is happy. Too much power, and it beats the action up, too little and it won't cycle. Other than that, just have to make sure all the parts are functioning correctly. Can polish them up a bit if you want, but would recommend turning the power down a little if you do that. Power is adjusted by the large brass plug behind the hammer spring. It has a set screw that locks it in place. If the action is damanged or hanging up, turing up the power is a poor solution to get it to run. It will only get worse. Can also damage the trigger assembly.

Reactions: WashJohny
Yeah, basically a ton of work. And the action will still be loud and the gun will likely still not function 100% and it will beat its self to death

If you wanted to get it to run right WITH a mod, you'd need a better sealed piston, better, stronger rod system and strongerrack gear. Stronger hammer, strogger trigger components. And a High flowing, flow through moderator setup. And still, the action is pretty loud. The hammer has it's own air port. It's cocked by pressure when the gun is fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: thane
I was kind of looking at it too. But it seems that there are way to many negative reviews. And yea, I know about reading reviews. But...

I don't mind working on a gun, but to "have to fix" it to shoot it right out of the box, just doesn't sound like a good buy.

I think I'm gonna pass myself.

Mike
Must not be a hw springer guy ..lol