• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Okay, Let's See If I've Got This Right...

Preparing to buy a Yong Heng on Amazon from smarketbuy. They have two models, the one without auto stop is preferred, right?

An auxiliary water/oil filter is only needed on the outlet side, right?

Is the Royal Purple compressor oil on Amazon okay?

Purging moisture every 5 minutes: Is this done while the compressor is running? Is it accomplished by cracking the two pressure relief valves?

Thanks for bearing with me and previously providing the links to the very good discussions!

Bob.

Reactions: ThomasT
Preparing to buy a Yong Heng on Amazon from smarketbuy. They have two models, the one without auto stop is preferred, right?

An auxiliary water/oil filter is only needed on the outlet side, right?

Is the Royal Purple compressor oil on Amazon okay?

Purging moisture every 5 minutes: Is this done while the compressor is running? Is it accomplished by cracking the two pressure relief valves?

Thanks for bearing with me and previously providing the links to the very good discussions!

Bob.
Hello @Clear Fork

Attached is a photo how I have my YH set up. Note the lower second smaller filter. I can unscrew the bottom end of the lower filter and remove the element and replace with a new one. I have been running this set up for about two years and have never replaced the large Tuxing Filter. Every time I open the Tuxing and inspect the element it is perfect color and completely dry. I do replace the small filter quite often so it does all the work and catches all of the water.

I purchased the manual shut off model.

I would think the Royal Purple compressor oil will be OK. Be sure and change the factory oil within the first 2 hours of operating. And be sure to run that oil through a coffee filter to check for contaminates. I actually check all my oil every time just to be safe.

Hope this will help.

ThomasT
Compressor Stand-1A.jpg

Hello @Clear Fork

Attached is a photo how I have my YH set up. Note the lower second smaller filter. I can unscrew the bottom end of the lower filter and remove the element and replace with a new one. I have been running this set up for about two years and have never replaced the large Tuxing Filter. Every time I open the Tuxing and inspect the element it is perfect color and completely dry. I do replace the small filter quite often so it does all the work and catches all of the water.

I purchased the manual shut off model.

I would think the Royal Purple compressor oil will be OK. Be sure and change the factory oil within the first 2 hours of operating. And be sure to run that oil through a coffee filter to check for contaminates. I actually check all my oil every time just to be safe.

Hope this will help.

ThomasT
View attachment 306577
Good info. Thanks for the picture, that really helps.

Does not come with factory oil. You need to fill it for the first time. Have had mine now for 2 yrs with no issues. Have always from the get go used Royal Purple. As noted, change after the first hour or two of operation. Royal purple has a tendency to turn dark Don't let that bother you.A must is adding a filter like a Tuxting in addition to the small black filter that comes with the compressor to the outlet side. { change filter insert after every fill } if you do not have the hardback model. Would recommend the manual shut off as the auto stop shuts off at 3,000 psi. Don't let the unit get hot. 60 degrees cel. max. Also check the nylon bushings in all the lines as they tend to shrink after extended use that will cause the unit to build a higher pressure than what the gauge on the tank shows causing the rupture disc to blow. Ask me how I know LOL!

Reactions: Clear Fork
Husky and Purple are petroleum based synthetic, 2nd rate oils compared to the di-ester based synthetic. The major compressor mfrs recommend the higher grades.
Husky and Purple will work but have lower flash points , but they are better than conventional oils.
Use what ya like, I use Coltri brand because it came with my compressor, but any of the di-ester compressor oils is fine with me, it just is a matter of proper viscosity. Better oil equals less varnish in the piston seals and valves.

I see that is ISO 100, the ad indicates ISO VG46?
YH has changed the recommended oil more than once. Use what makes you feel OK. Get some synthetic with high temp ratings it will smell a lot less.
The YH has two pressure releases open the high side then the low side once every 5 minutes to drain moisture. Do not leave them open long, 1 second is plenty.

Reactions: Clear Fork