• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

OK, whaddya think?

I've been looking at buying a compressor for several months now, and am no more sure now what to do than I was to begin with. My good wife is going to buy me what I want for Christmas, but I don't know what to tell her. Let me say first that I'm not a mechanic, and reliability/service is the primary goal. My price range is $1000-$1600, so that includes a lot of the available compressors. I don't want to fill large tanks, but I do have a smaller buddy tank @ 4500 psi that would be nice to fill. I have 4 different guns, so filling them is a primary need.

My search includes the Alpha-Carette from Tanks for sale, the Lightning from Hatsan, and the Omega Air Charger and Super Charger. Reliability and servicability are the keys, as I don't want to buy something that is going to be a lot of trouble. I take care of my equipment, as I want it to last. I have a Benjamin Traveler that has been working fine for the last 6 mos., but I can't fill me small tanks with it.

What would you have Santa bring you out of this group?

Information/opinions on all those compressors noted above are available on this forum. Failures have occurred with all compressors, even the newer Daystates. I would think reading all the compressor posts would be in order and choose something that fits your needs. Not always an easy choice. Of those mentioned I like the Lightning but many use each of the others successfully and will probably provide opinions about them. I still use a Yong Heng after over a year but I like the track record and features of both the Hatsan Lightning as well as the Omega Turbocharger.

Not many compressors are more reliable than the Shoebox compressor. Dead simple, dead reliable, very easy to service with a couple orings. The F10 quickly fills direct to gun and is also able to fill large tanks up to 4500 psi. No oil, no water needed for cooling. Just turn the compressor on and supply 120 psi of air from a shop compressor.

It's what I'm going to get!

Our Air Gun Club bought a Recharge last summer at the Crosman All American shoot at a Very reduced price as they offer great deals on many of their products to the participants! We have sense filled everyone's bottles and it has been fine so far except for the radiator tank (clear plastic bottle cracked) Crosman wanted to replace the whole machine but I talked them into sending me another tank and I replaced it my self to save everyone a hassle of shipping things back and fourth for such a simple fix!! Crosman is a good company to deal with if you have a problem and always resolves problems in a quick and proper manor!! Remember ALL of the comparable compressors are made "OFF SHORE" and can and will eventually have problems I'm sure!! We have around 25 hours on ours so far and it fills bottles quickly and seemingly with little effort. Runs very cool with the included radiator also!! Hope this will help you make your decision ! J.L.

I started looking into the Benjamin Recharger, and with the discounted prices out there, it made a lot of sense. The catch here was simply that no one has them in stock, and Optics Planet had a projected ship date of 12-22 days, but when I called them, it wasn't in stock there either, and the 12-22 days was just an estimate. Since this is my Christmas present from my wife, I want the compressor by Christmas!

Just ordered a new Omega Supercharger from AOA, who assured me that it was in stock and would be shipped this week. I have high hopes that this will be reliable, as it's not going to be getting heavy usage and I'm going to try to take care of it like it should be. Hopefully, it will last me until I can't shoot any longer without any major problems.

Buy 4 or so Yong Heng compressors and come out ahead on $$$. If one fails, move on to another. Take the failed unit apart to see what went wrong. Learn how to fix it and get a new part from AliExpress. If another fails, repeat.

When added together, the money spent will be less and the time you get from all 4 compressors will probably outlive the the time you get even from a $1500 compressor before failure and you will have a great supply of spare parts if needed.

I am on my second year with my Yong Heng with no problems so far. Maybe beating the odds? Time will tell.

Buy 4 or so Yong Heng compressors and come out ahead on $$$. If one fails, move on to another. Take the failed unit apart to see what went wrong. Learn how to fix it and get a new part from AliExpress. If another fails, repeat.

When added together, the money spent will be less and the time you get from all 4 compressors will probably outlive the the time you get even from a $1500 compressor before failure and you will have a great supply of spare parts if needed.

I am on my second year with my Yong Heng with no problems so far. Maybe beating the odds? Time will tell.

Same here-into the second year and still running fine.