• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

OK someone explain for me.

Nothing to explain. Hook compressor to tank and fill. Yong heng 3 years old and keep my 4 tanks fill. Yes i use a lot of air. Buy and use with confidence.
20201123_103058.1606145787.jpg

Screenshot_20201123-090744_Gallery.1606151317.jpg
so answer me this. What is the pressure on the left side of the valve when restarted?

I don't have a high pressure compressor but unless the pressure is release somewhere between the compressor and this one way valve it is going to be very hard for the compressor to start up against this high pressure on this side.

This one way valve is still good if the system still has a release valve to release the presure on between the compressor and the one way valve before each start up. that way you don't have to fill up the drier and the filter again. 

The inexpensive 300-$500 little air cooled compressors are disposable made to last only a very finite amount of hours then go in the trash. With no oil to lube the bearings and rings on the cylinders and no water running through the head they overheat almost as soon as you turn them on. So they are running in a controlled overheated situation all the time they are on. They are made to be used by occasional shooters and then only for a few minutes at a time a few times a week to charge their favorite gun up and they do a great job at that.

Yes, you can charge up your larger tanks ten minutes at a time that should werq fine. But it will put more strain on the compressor than charging your gun as it has to werq longer while in the higher pressure arena.

The oil filled water cooled units will last far longer. One of my Yong Heng units made it past two years at 20-30minutes a week average. It was retired in operating condition. The other died in two months as somebody, at the factory, fergot the locktight on the second stage piston so it unscrewed and destroyed itself. A twelve dollar readily available part was installed in an hour and it was running again.

We all know how the Inexpensive Chinese stuff is lacking in QC.

Check valves are great! My 90 cu-in Ninja tank has one built in. They also act as a PMV which helps the filters filter out the water.

Essentially the check valve eliminates the tank mating dance. Until the compressor reaches a pressure that exceeds the internal pressure of the tank the check valve remains closed. Upon filling completion, or stop/start, the compressor is bleed and the check valve closes when the tank pressure exceeds the hose pressure. You then either start it back up, which restarts the cycle stated above, or you close the tank valve and you're done.

A check valve makes filling super easy. Example:

1. Tank pressure is 2000 PSI
  2. Check valve/compressor fill hose connected
  3. Tank valve opened
  4. Check valve closes (or remains closed), 2000 PSI on the far side.
  5. Compressor is started, check valve remains closed until the compressor side exceeds 2000 PSI
  6. 2000+ PSI obtained, check valve opens, tank begins filling
  7. Compressor is stopped and bleed
  8. Check valve is closed, see #4, tank pressure is now at $RANDOM pressure. Compressor line is at 0 PSI
  9. If re-starting, goto 4, otherwise goto #10
  10. Tank valve is closed, hoses disconnected, done
    [/LIST=1]

With respect to restarting a compressor this is no different than without a check valve. As long as the tank valve is open and/or the compressor has not been bled it will be restarting under pressure. A check valve prevents the tank mating dance and makes filling much easier. It allows you to open the tank valve immediately after connecting it to the line. It also allows you to bleed the compressor while the tank valve is open. Basically think if it as an automatic tank valve opening attachment that keeps you from having to watch the pressure as it relates to tank pressure to avoid a pressure shock on the compressor. It does all of that automatically for you.

Okay so the system is still bled on the compressor that part i was not aware of.

Check valves are great! My 90 cu-in Ninja tank has one built in. They also act as a PMV which helps the filters filter out the water.

---snip

A check valve makes filling super easy. Example:

1. Tank pressure is 2000 PSI
  2. Check valve/compressor fill hose connected
  3. Tank valve opened
  4. Check valve closes, 2000 PSI on the far side.
  5. Compressor is started, check valve remains closed until the compressor side exceeds 2000 PSI
  6. 2000+ PSI obtained, check valve opens, tank begins filling
  7. Compressor is stopped and bleed
  8. Check valve is closed, see #4, tank pressure is now at $RANDOM pressure. Compressor line is at 0 PSI
  9. If re-starting, goto 4, otherwise goto #10
  10. Tank valve is closed, hoses disconnected, done
    [/LIST=1]

Snip---

Yeah it's the same process. Just think of it as an automatic tank opening valve. It automatically opens and closes access to the tank opening only when the compressor fill hose is above tank pressure otherwise the valve is closed preventing the tank from expelling it's compressed air.

Bleed the compressor, close the tank valve, disconnect the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_dkn69mCY is how it works but for air instead of water.

Screenshot_2020-11-23-08-49-202.1606158045.png

If you configure 2 of these in line in their proper orientation you get a 2 way check valve. You can crank the tank wide open while the compressor is shut off with no back pressure. Greater pressure side wins the flow through pressure war.

Probably 2 SORT OF LIKE THESE (BUT NOT THESE SPECIFICALLY YOU NEED LOWER LIKE 3000PSI OTHERWISE YOU MAY KILL YOUR COMPRESSOR WITH 5000PSI CHECK VALVE) may do...

https://www.omega.com/en-us/accessories/pressure-snubbers/ps-snubbers/p/PS-8G-M