N/A Ok, so who wants a pump action bullpup?

Hey Dr. K, ever try a longer barrel on an Akela? OMG the power increase blew me away. That's the barrel from my Cayden mounted on my Akela. Just that one change shifted POI 1 1/2 feet up compared to the original barrel. And yes, I'm with you regarding some of these lower cost air rifles. I picked up a Cayden for under $500 and it still out shoots (to 50 yds) everything else I've owned (including an FX Impact II and Kalibrgun Crickett Tactical 60). They are so easy to work on, parts are relatively cheap and often easily found, and once tuned they perform many levels above their paygrade.

IMG_20230612_081142892_HDR.jpg

Hey Dr. K, ever try a longer barrel on an Akela? OMG the power increase blew me away. That's the barrel from my Cayden mounted on my Akela. Just that one change shifted POI 1 1/2 feet up compared to the original barrel. And yes, I'm with you regarding some of these lower cost air rifles. I picked up a Cayden for under $500 and it still out shoots (to 50 yds) everything else I've owned (including an FX Impact II and Kalibrgun Crickett Tactical 60). They are so easy to work on, parts are relatively cheap and often easily found, and once tuned they perform many levels above their paygrade.

View attachment 363914
I have not shot an FX yet, but the only one I'd consider is a dreamline classic. I like traditional guns, and I'm over the lever handle pups. Just too awkward for my wrist to shoot and reload.

As for the akela, thats pretty sweet, but I went the other way. They don't offer shorter barrels for the craftsman series of guns, so I switched directly to Kral guns. Shortened all my rigs with the pistol or carbine barrels. A few other tweaks, and they out shoot, and at higher power, than what they did in stock rifle length form.

Now this beeman, I need to see what other barrels will fit it. It looks like the QB78D barrel is what they have, just shorter, but also threaded for a mod.
If a beeman pistol barrel would fit from the 2028 or whatever its called, and clear the scope mount, I could run an Mrod shroud and baffles. Just have to make a couple mount bushing and an air stripper. I'd love the shroud to stop just past the fill cap. Not looking to make this a power house, would prefer shot count be higher since I can shoot it very fast now and with decent accuracy off hand. With a mod on it, it's almost as long as a standard rifle.

Reactions: Stretch
I have not shot an FX yet, but the only one I'd consider is a dreamline classic. I like traditional guns, and I'm over the lever handle pups. Just too awkward for my wrist to shoot and reload.

As for the akela, thats pretty sweet, but I went the other way. They don't offer shorter barrels for the craftsman series of guns, so I switched directly to Kral guns. Shortened all my rigs with the pistol or carbine barrels. A few other tweaks, and they out shoot, and at higher power, than what they did in stock rifle length form.

Now this beeman, I need to see what other barrels will fit it. It looks like the QB78D barrel is what they have, just shorter, but also threaded for a mod.
If a beeman pistol barrel would fit from the 2028 or whatever its called, and clear the scope mount, I could run an Mrod shroud and baffles. Just have to make a couple mount bushing and an air stripper. I'd love the shroud to stop just past the fill cap. Not looking to make this a power house, would prefer shot count be higher since I can shoot it very fast now and with decent accuracy off hand. With a mod on it, it's almost as long as a standard rifle.

To be honest, I like the overall look of the Krals better than Benjamin's version. My only big issue with Krals is that nobody in the US is selling them and finding replacement parts can be (very) challenging.

To be honest, I like the overall look of the Krals better than Benjamin's version. My only big issue with Krals is that nobody in the US is selling them and finding replacement parts can be (very) challenging.
I order my parts from Canada Shooting Supply. Ships fast, great service, and prices are decent on the parts. Some of the guns are a little mote expensive than they'd be here, but they also have stuff you can't get here or from Krale.

Only problem I have is they ship signature required and I'm not home during the day. If the woman isn't home to sign, I gotta go pick it up at a shipping partner, but thays only a couple miles away.

Canadashootingsupply.ca

Reactions: Stretch
I order my parts from Canada Shooting Supply. Ships fast, great service, and prices are decent on the parts. Some of the guns are a little mote expensive than they'd be here, but they also have stuff you can't get here or from Krale.

Only problem I have is they ship signature required and I'm not home during the day. If the woman isn't home to sign, I gotta go pick it up at a shipping partner, but thays only a couple miles away.

Canadashootingsupply.ca

As long as they have it in stock... :p

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein