OK, so I did something stupid....

I have the Air Venturi 4500psi compressor. I went to fill my air tank back up to 4500 psi, so I could fill my Texans for hunting today. I hooked it up, closed the bleed valves, turned on the fan, then turned on the compressor. Where stupid comes in was failing to open the dag-blasted tank! ...oops. So I blew the pressure relief valve somewhere at the bottom of the filter stack where the bleed valve is. Now I can not find the instruction manual or any online information about how to reset or replace that valve. Does anyone know where I can get that information without having the manual?

Never mind, found the Air Venturi website - finally - and the manual online.

Burst Disk Failure.JPG

Reactions: dgeesaman
When starting or stopping, make sure tank is closed (unless you have a one way check valve on tank fill adapter) & all compressor bleed screw & moisture trap screws are OPEN. Allow compressor to run for a minute & then shut down. Keep cooling (fans & water) running for a few minutes after filling. (I have a Yong Heng)
Check videos on YouTube for operating procedures. Merry ChristmaHanuKwanza!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
DON'T close bleed valves BEFORE starting compressor! Never start or stop unit under pressure. Causes undue stress & reduces longevity.
It'll also trip your breaker if you try and run the compressor with alot of pressure already on the line. Done that a few times and always get the side eye when she has to reset all the clocks in the kitchen!