OK, I took the plunge!

Well, in MOST American cities its technically illegal to discharge any air gun, so check your local laws before even considering such even if you think its 'backyard friendly'. Most American backyards are very TINY and not 'air gun' friendly in my book...if you have a fairly large property on the other hand thats another story..but the technical laws still stand. What it really boils down to is safe practice and good neighbors that you inform prior to engaging in the activities, otherwise you risk confiscation of your air gun and facing charges...its the sad truth that hopefully no ones confronted with but its the reality...

To the OP, there are tons of modifications available for your Maximus. Just do some googling and read up what others have done. I am not too familiar with the Maximus.

I have no backyard so that's out anyway. I know the 1st thing I am putting on it is a TKO. The second thing I can think of is a trigger mod. After that I will see where it goes.

I have a TKO muzzle brake.....if you haven't ordered I'd gladly send it to you. Its more of a moderator than a suppressor.

I have a Magnum Air Power trigger in mine. It would be a nice trigger if it wasn't for the weird trigger shoe profile.

If I had to do it over again, I'd go with the Marauder trigger upgrade.

Reactions: Coldair
I'm not throwing too much at it. If anything else I might install a cheap bi pod ( maybe ). This better be my last air gun because the pricing is too high for the ones I would like to have. Before I spend that much on a air gun, I'd go buy a real rifle and join a shooting range not too far away. This is just for fun nothing serious other than maybe a little pesting. Thanks again, time for me to get some sleep, gotta work tonight.

I'm not throwing too much at it. If anything else I might install a cheap bi pod ( maybe ). This better be my last air gun because the pricing is too high for the ones I would like to have. Before I spend that much on a air gun, I'd go buy a real rifle and join a shooting range not too far away. This is just for fun nothing serious other than maybe a little pesting. Thanks again, time for me to get some sleep, gotta work tonight.

Congrats on the gun, grt out there and have fun! 

Now, about the “it better be my last one” Good Luck with that! Tell you what, tell us a story in 6 months to a year. 

I started out JUST like that! I bought a $200 “High End” airgun, it was a Gamo Breakbarrel that included a scope. As God is my witness I said those same words (roughly) this is my last airgun, my forever gun. It now sits in my shed and gets used as a doorstop. That wasn’t very long ago either. 

I now own 3 German Springers and 3 PCPs and have spent an ungodly amount of money doing it. 

Don't worry its not all that bad, I am still planning to buy a 177 Maximus Euro someday.

I would take the generous free TKO offer, that was so nice of Bob O. Hats off to Bob!

I just bought another one (TKO) recently they are fine.

I would do the trigger screw and spring mod, use the TKO to quiet it down and enjoy it.

Good news is that the Maximus only needs to be pumped up to 2000psi maximum.

The workout using the hand pump won't be too bad as when pumping something else

up to 3000psi.

Let us know how you like it. I think you will and you did good doing your research first

with the pumps and effort posts of yours. You are really going to appreciate the better

accuracy for longer distances with a Maximus as your first PCP.

Crosman CPHPs in 22 work well if you got the 22.

CA

Thanks all for the advice. I got an e-mail just after midnight that it is due in my hands next Tuesday. Pump arrives Wednesday so it will be available for my day off at Friday. Bob, Ill pm you here shortly. The only thing I will be doing to this thing for the for seeable future is the TKO. The trigger and bi pod will have to wait. Gotta start saving money for a Squadron reunion next July. It’s been 30 years since I last saw my Navy buddies. That has priority over everything else. Thanks again everyone.

Don't worry its not all that bad, I am still planning to buy a 177 Maximus Euro someday.

I would take the generous free TKO offer, that was so nice of Bob O. Hats off to Bob!

I just bought another one (TKO) recently they are fine.

I would do the trigger screw and spring mod, use the TKO to quiet it down and enjoy it.

Good news is that the Maximus only needs to be pumped up to 2000psi maximum.

The workout using the hand pump won't be too bad as when pumping something else

up to 3000psi.

Let us know how you like it. I think you will and you did good doing your research first

with the pumps and effort posts of yours. You are really going to appreciate the better

accuracy for longer distances with a Maximus as your first PCP.

Crosman CPHPs in 22 work well if you got the 22.

CA

CA - I contacted Crosman about the Maximus Euro a couple weeks ago as I was ready to buy one as well. Discontinued. Not going to be available again. 😫 Makes me very sad