• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ok how do you take your shooting items to the ranges????

Not talking about the rifles just the compressors, pellets, extra tools, scope mounts ect.... getting some ideas on how to bring all my shooting needs to the range. Right now using stackable tool boxes I got from Lowes. I have a small hatchback which works great to haul all my stuff to the range. Just wondering how people transport there extra items to the range. Thanks...

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Dewalt Stackable tool boxes.

20230601_062815.jpg

20230601_062833.jpg

I tear them down as necessary to load into car. Stacks of 2 or three. That way I almost have everything I have at home to work on my guns as necessary. I was going to get the larger more current milwaukee stackable tool boxes but it turns out the smaller ones are easier to load into a small car like a prius or sedan.

Allen

Last edited:
WHOA!!!! I thought I had a lot of crap when I went shooting!!!!!
I have a plastic tool box that is about 20” long, 10” wide and maybe 8” deep. Inside is two sand bags, a set of Allan wrenches, few misc tools and my shooting bag with a cleaning kit, a cleaning rod that breaks down into 4 sections, my projectiles, a range finder, a pair of binoculars and then some adhesive backed bullseyes
My air tank or tanks ride separate. Guns travel in their factory cases.

• Haha
Reactions: HogKiller
The big stuff seems like a no-brainer, that just has to go in totes/tubs since it is difficult to organize. The small stuff is more of a challenge, and here is my solution.

I use a padded double rifle case that is now discontinued, but there are many versions of this type of case out there. The key factor for me is external pouches and/or molle webbing so you can attach your own pouches. Examples:

I am able to keep all the small items like magazines, ammo, tools, etc. in various external pouches on the rifle case, and access them directly. The most important pouch ended up being this one with the internal organization: https://specops.us/op-order-pouch-cyb.html It's somewhat unique, and thats where I keep all the smallest items like hex wrenches, pens, picks, usb cable, etc. The other pouches size/design aren't as important because I'm throwing mags/pellets/FX chrony in them.

This system means the rifle case has most of the support items, excluding shooting bags and air tank.

Reactions: Elbowgrease
Many years ago I would toss what I was bringing to the range in a box and would sometimes use a plastic bag as well. This really didn't work very well because I would put all the stuff back when I got home and when I got to the shooting range I would realise that I forgot something. I wanted something already set up and ready to go.
One day when I got back from the range instead of putting every thing away I dumped it all in a corner and came up with this set up. I got the range bag and tool box with every thing I need. This is actually for powder burners since i shoot my air guns in the back yard.

1685664516618-49123235.jpg

16856646454051767442808.jpg

The big stuff seems like a no-brainer, that just has to go in totes/tubs since it is difficult to organize. The small stuff is more of a challenge, and here is my solution.

I use a padded double rifle case that is now discontinued, but there are many versions of this type of case out there. The key factor for me is external pouches and/or molle webbing so you can attach your own pouches. Examples:

I am able to keep all the small items like magazines, ammo, tools, etc. in various external pouches on the rifle case, and access them directly. The most important pouch ended up being this one with the internal organization: https://specops.us/op-order-pouch-cyb.html It's somewhat unique, and thats where I keep all the smallest items like hex wrenches, pens, picks, usb cable, etc. The other pouches size/design aren't as important because I'm throwing mags/pellets/FX chrony in them.

This system means the rifle case has most of the support items, excluding shooting bags and air tank.
I use similar cases. I also have a tri-pod soft case that fits my fill tank very well.

There's noooooo waaayyyy I'm having any fun lugging all that stuff around for PCP.:rolleyes:
But then again, I'm a standup shooter.
Besides a long gun hard case, everything fits in my range bag or it doesn't go.
This has room for me to fit my separated upper & lower DPMS or my AK1 as well as 8 mags, accessories, etc.
50 liter and high quality MaxTacs bag w/water proofed inner lining.View attachment 369565

View attachment 369567
This is what makes it to the bench. Sometimes less when I don't want to mess with the labradar.
20230522_094043.jpg

The rest stays in the car some 20-30 ft behind the bench. I'm not going to turn around and drive a hour and a half back home just because I blew a breach oring.

Allen

This is what makes it to the bench. Sometimes less when I don't want to mess with the labradar.
View attachment 369568
The rest stays in the car some 20-30 ft behind the bench. I'm not going to turn around and drive a hour and a half back home just because I blew a breach oring.

Allen
You, of course, are shooting those targets WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY up there on the hill. Do you bring your own ATV? Enquiring minds want to know.

You, of course, are shooting those targets WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY up there on the hill. Do you bring your own ATV? Enquiring minds want to know.
😆

We are allowed to walk to the 200 yards during line break. Beyond that we must drive. It's not bad to about the 500 yard point that's when it gets steep. When it is wet we had a couple trucks almost get stuck out there. I shoot to just Beyond 400. Here is a picture of the guys out at 100 yards for reference. The car out there is between 4 and 500.

20220131_094801.jpg

Most the guys out here have big trucks, basically ford raptors, TRX ram trucks and such. So if I need to get pulled out it is no big deal.

20220523_142643.jpg

I'm too old and become way too cheap to be showing off. I drive the POS Prius to save my money for the good slugs. 😁

Allen

Last edited: