• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ok guys the Fx impact .35 is a one trick pony you can't switch calibers

If you watch the video of Jon up above, he makes it sound like not only is the .35 caliber Impact able to switch so you can use it to shoot .22, .25 or .30, he also says the older models can be adapted to shoot the .35 cal. He makes it sound as if the valve housing, valve, valve pin and most other components are the same. Although his comments are pretty clear and straightforward, what I don't understand is that the valve housing, valve and valve pin are all completely different and huge compared to the .22, .25 and .30 caliber. You can see that in the picture I posted up above, I had it in my hand and it was very large.compared to the other version. The valve pin and valve could slide straight through the housing without even touching the sides. 

Stoti

The gun needs timed just like Ken Hicks said so it's clear the .35cal impact is not a changeable caliber and I can't understand why FX has not told anyone this yet??
1592793831_11943819875ef01ae7389297.32763992.jpeg

1592868410_4150112145ef13e3ac575f3.76572943.jpeg
1592868411_7358968095ef13e3b473d74.81849128.jpeg
Ok guys I think i undaunted what might have happened and why they are so many different opinions on why you can or can't shoot from .35 to a smaller caliber? Ken Hicks of spaw sent me a photo of his 2 pellet probs. One on .35 and one on .22

as you can see they are completely different sizes Length and size and that's why ken Hick said it won't work because it needs timed? Well Fx must have changed that because mine are the same length so timings the same. 

I don't know if FX sent him and Utah airguns Justin Jacobson older versions of the .35 but they both have the same problem with size so I think Fx changed the size and never said anything to anyone because both of these guys are the best of the best when it comes to airguns they know everything.

so besides that I understand why Ernest Rowe told me to just swap out calibers and shoot now if the gun is to powerful well that's pretty simple to dial it down some I hope but at least I found out what they was talking about and they did not know because I guess FX never said anything. But am happy now and love my impacts I just hope nothing else comes up? But the timing of the prob and barrial port are perfect fit so that's awesome news for me because I spent a lot of money for the kit and impact hear are more photos thanks everyone I just have to get out and shoot and see hahaha. 
1592870252_12232400775ef1456cea9653.17968430.jpeg
1592870255_239181125ef1456f5fa809.01285979.jpeg
1592870257_15268864875ef1457130cfc2.16181193.jpeg
1592870259_1490312805ef14573249e36.27833272.jpeg

So how I am interpreting you post is that now that your .357 FX Impact MK2 is apparently the version where the pellet probes are now the same length, now you can change between the .357 and the .25 barrels and hopefully just make some adjustments? Am I understanding you correctly? Please post an update once you have shot the gun and tried to change barrels so we can know that the new .357 FX Impact is hopefully not a one trick pony afterall? 

Yes I was always told that you can change calibers between all calibers but after I posted some photos of my new impact with .35 cal and a compact .25 cal I was told by very good sources that I could not switch calibers because the timing was different and therefore could not use my .25 compact kit. But turns out Fx at some point changed the pellet probe and timing so now you can. That's what this post is about the change Fx made but no one know about it I guess I only found out because of my photos and talking to members. I will get some range time this weekend and let everyone know how it went. 

Yes I was always told that you can change calibers between all calibers but after I posted some photos of my new impact with .35 cal and a compact .25 cal I was told by very good sources that I could not switch calibers because the timing was different and therefore could not use my .25 compact kit. But turns out Fx at some point changed the pellet probe and timing so now you can. That's what this post is about the change Fx made but no one know about it I guess I only found out because of my photos and talking to members. I will get some range time this weekend and let everyone know how it went.

I cannot wait to here your input as I am wanting to buy exactly the same setup as you did, a .357 Impact MK2 and a .25 barrel kit..

keep us posted! thanks in advance :)

I swapped the .35 cal barrel and probe for the .30 today. It’s shooting really good and really strong. I just swapped the barrel and probe. Did not touch any of the settings. The .30 cal 44gr JSB were going at 1040 FPS. I have a slug liner in my .30 cal barrel so I tried some NSA slugs. 47.2gr slugs were leaving the gun at 1002 FPS. Accuracy was great at 25 yards. Pellet on pellet. 

Reactions: TarheelScott
I swapped the .35 cal barrel and probe for the .30 today. It’s shooting really good and really strong. I just swapped the barrel and probe. Did not touch any of the settings. The .30 cal 44gr JSB were going at 1040 FPS. I have a slug liner in my .30 cal barrel so I tried some NSA slugs. 47.2gr slugs were leaving the gun at 1002 FPS. Accuracy was great at 25 yards. Pellet on pellet.

Because it is such a newer platform with out alot of information on them this really helps thank you for sharing that information with all of us here. 👍👊

We appreciate it very much. 

Scott in NC😁

Reactions: Hornclayton

At that same tune, were the .35s going like 860-870?

Thanks also, helpful info.

Reactions: monstr2
OK Everyone,

I was just as concerned as the original poster so I contacted FX Service. I must say this was my first time doing so and they are awesome! Here is the real deal facts from FX:

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

FX Service's first reply:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question! As well as your interest in our rifles.

I am more than happy to clarify any questions you may have and to help you come to a resolution as to what you can do.

The FX Impact as you know is one of the easiest air rifles in the world to tune without having to disassemble the rifle completely and manipulate springs and washers manually. The .357 Impact is a vision of the market's desires and a result of our company listening to our customers' desires. This was not a caliber intended in the beginning of the Impacts design, but much later added to. 

The .357 Impact does have some special parts that are required to achieve the advertised 150 Ft-Lbs, which it will come with as standard in the .357 format. There are added hammer spring spacers as well as a different valve adjuster spring (These are the only parts that are different, the hammer, spring, and hammer weight are the same). Note that you can use the .357 without these spacers and valve spring but will likely only see around 120 Ft-Lbs.

To remove these items you will need to break down the rifle. The valve adjuster spring is fairly easy to remove and so is the hammer spring spacers. You would need to remove the hammer spring adjuster knob, then remove the spring. Then pull out the valve pin to unscrew the C1 hammer stop. Once the hammer stop is removed you can remove the hammer, hammer weight, hammer spring, and in turn the spacers located behind it. Then reinsert the hammer spring hammer weight and hammer itself. Reinstall the C1 hammer stop, place the proper valve adjuster spring, and then the adjuster knob and you have successfully changed the parts for the .357 back to the original .177-.30 caliber Impact MKII defaults.

It is worth noting that you can also just turn down the hammer spring adjuster knob and adjust your regulator to also achieve a tune that will work with other calibers even with the .357 additional parts installed.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you for choosing FX Airguns.

***************************************************************************************************************************

My next reply

Thank you for sending me a reply. It was helpful for you to give a history and explain what is different from this new .357 to your older model versions as the internet seems to have so many incorrect information on your new rifle.

I just want to be clear, so I can leave the spacers and the valve adjuster spring in the rifle (which are the only different parts mated to the .357) and if I want to change the rifle caliber to the .25 caliber barrel kit, I can just reduce the hammer spring tension and the regulator pressure down to achieve a tune setting that will enable that smaller caliber barrel and pellet to shoot accurately without taking the rifle apart further, is that correct? I just want to be sure as that sounds like something I can be comfortable to do versus changing the spring and removing the spacers makes me nervous. I just want to have two settings I can easily change to so that I can go between those two calibers and have fun shooting.

I just want to use the .357 to hunt and shoot with big power and also have the ability to switch to a .25 with a shorter barrel to just plink targets. One last question is the new .357 barrel able to shoot slugs decently or is it required to have some slug liner? I understand that your new barrels available for your other calibers can shoot both pellets and slugs well so it would be great that the barrel on the new .357 can do that as well so that I do not need to change liners. Can you tell me which is the name of the new barrels that can shoot both pellets and slugs well, so that I order the correct type since there are other variants out there?

Thank you for your help and I think once I hear back from you on the questions I posed on this email that I now am feeling comfortable to likely order the .357 Impact MK2 along with a .25 barrel kit.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

FX Service's confirmation to my email:

Yes, you can still tune down the .357 Impact to shoot the .25 caliber, .30 caliber and even the .22 caliber. The .177 may have a bit of issue however getting low enough to be accurate without removing the additional parts.

The .357 barrel will shoot slugs fine as they will come with the new "Superior STX Liners" that we recently released. You will not need to order any additional liners to shoot slugs.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

1593002231_21355180115ef348f7cc60d0.54416724.jpeg
1593002233_6590903045ef348f9699a63.60905815.jpeg
1593002234_11077649495ef348fac5b057.10140455.jpeg
1593002236_4692036265ef348fc35ab00.23048402.jpeg
That's awesome but just to be clear that's not the information that's out on video with John of FX. This is the problem with what's going on? 

1# the timing link is different on the .357 meaning? 
the pellet prob does not seat all the way in? Now Fx changed this but never told anyone I have photos from Ken Hicks of spaw and Justin Jacobson of Utah airguns who both say it's timing link is different. Now Fx fixes that with a smaller prob in .357 but it's still a tad short. 

2# John of FX is telling everyone in all his videos that the are making a new slug liner for slugs. Nowhere does it say the .357 comes with a superior liner? But that's great news if true. 

3# Fx has ask jsb and the FX brand to reduce the 81 gr pellet to a smaller size it's not very much I think it's 76 or 78gr but the point is when you order from Fx band the don't tell you this the sell 81gr pellets but you get less and the don't tell you it's only when you look at the tin it's smaller. Why don't FX tell us this they don't say anything that's not right!!

4# the only person who I can trust is the guy who knows about all Fx guns that's Ernest Rowe of FX and he told me that a few things have changed but Fx did not tell us this he did. Even though this is good news from FX it's still not exactly true because they never told you about the changes. And it's still questionable if I can shoot from .35 to .25 the timing is off but I don't know if that's a big enough difference to mater I ask the pros Ken and Ernest to let me know I sent them photos of my difference to see. Thank you so much for your info from Fx. 

Reactions: Hornclayton
Anyone shoot the JSB 35 cal 81gr pellets out of the new FX Impact 35 yet? Do they fit and how do they shoot?

Is the FX Impact 35 limited to only FX 35 cal pellets only? That would be a bummer if true to not be able to shoot the 81gr JSB 35 cal or 35 cal Polymags...

UpNorthAirGunner posted this video shooting 100 yards with an unsorted JSB 81 grain pellet, he also had a small amount of the FX Hybrid 68 grain slugs and those look devastating...

https://youtu.be/Qs4Cj8aO9Yc

Here is another person with the .357 using JSB 81 grain on his initial out of the box shooting and zeroing...

https://youtu.be/R2-DHKN_XJk

these two videos were posted 2 and 3 weeks ago

I will make videos in how to change caliber on the 357. Just to let you know the new . 22 has my design double TP rotate barrel to the smaller TP to reduce the speed to 150-175fps .22 will shoot hot if you don’t. You don’t have to disassemble the gun. Just changing valve adjuster spring between light and strong spring and keeping the rubber ball in front of the valve spring to prevent valve over travel. Believe me its so easy. If you want more info PM me in how to deal with the 357. A pin probe kit is need to adjust the length of the pin to insure the ammo is fully seated in the liner.

note there are FX haters here posting not so true info— they don’t have a impact experience. 

Ernest Rowe

Reactions: monstr2
I also want to say that just because of a issue of changing calibers does not mean an anyway that l don't like FX I absolutely love FX and they have always treated me very well am just pointing out something that might help someone like me who did not know the caliber Changes will not be as easy as before. That's all Am just sharing what i see please don't take me wrong am loving my FX airguns o have a lot of them and they are my go to airguns. Thanks 

It would be nice to know if we can modify or tune a non .35 cal impact to shoot the .35 cal just as good as one that is a 35 from the factory. 

i took the .35 barrel and probe today and placed it in one of my other impacts. It chrono at 750 FPS with the reg at 140, power wheel on max and valve knob showing 2 lines. Maybe I could have upped the reg and open the valve knob a bit and get a lot more velocity but I didn’t want to mess up my tune for the .22. 

It would be nice to know if we can modify or tune a non .35 cal impact to shoot the .35 cal just as good as one that is a 35 from the factory. 

i took the .35 barrel and probe today and placed it in one of my other impacts. It chrono at 750 FPS with the reg at 140, power wheel on max and valve knob showing 2 lines. Maybe I could have upped the reg and open the valve knob a bit and get a lot more velocity but I didn’t want to mess up my tune for the .22.

I bet you can get it to shoot the 81gr to shoot at 880 with a hot shooting .30 setup. I think i saw somewhere on here someone took a 35 that was shooting 880fps and swapped to a .30 setup and was getting mid 1000s with 44.75gr .30s. Thats not hard to do in .30.