• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ok guys the Fx impact .35 is a one trick pony you can't switch calibers

I was told by 2 good sources that my impact .35 cal I just got can't be anything but?? And what I mean is I posted photos of my new inpact .35 and I also put a compact 25cal kit on the same impact. So I would have the best of both worlds!! But I was told it won't work the gun would need way to much work done to make it worth it and was also told some one else had problems trying to do the same thing??

Wow that's not what FX tells us so why is this not Compatible?? So is it possible that the Fx inpact .35cal is a one trick pony and it's not as versatile?? My questions are why? it's the same impact I was told you can buy kits and switch calibers?

So why is this not talked about by FX. If this is truly the case?? Am i the only guy who just found this out or have anyone else had this happen to them Well will find out more from FX because I love all my impacts I have owned its my favorite airgun and I have several I hope I was told wrong info. This is the gun am talking about. In photos. It's a stock .35cal with a .25cal kit the kit fits perfectly??
1592707230_7935789805eeec89e605c73.20030928.jpeg
1592707231_11010587835eeec89f14a829.95547176.jpeg
1592707233_6369860015eeec8a18df554.60547739.jpeg
1592707234_8304526795eeec8a21c9170.87769156.jpeg

I emailed Ernest roe and ask him what he thought about this. I was told the gun is timed different and it's a little to much for the . 25cal by someone else. But I put the superior liner in and I just watched a video that shows Ernest shooting .25 hybrid slugs at 1080fps and it's hole next to hole very accurate so am so confused with all the miss information on this I love my FX airguns and especially my impact so just can't believe this is not compatible like the other impacts are but he did say it can be done but it's not as compatible as all other calibers because of the very high power. 

Ok I got a email back from Ernest Rowe he said they are interchangeable but I would need to change the valve and spring. So basically to much work to do it it's definitely not as easy as the other calibers. But the best news of all was turns out Ernest is my neighbor hahaha I just moved to New Jersey for the summer and he lives in the next little town over from me. I would love to meet him and have him tune my inpact. 😎 but he told me it will still work just dial down the power so I will test and see. 

I've been wondering about the valve. I don't know if any of you remember a while back, I had FX send me a new valve and valve housing for my .25. When I got it and looked at it, it was huge. Apparently they had accidentally sent me the .35 valve and housing. As soon as they figured out what they had done, they messaged me and wanted it back pronto!!! If you buy the .35 and want to shoot .25 or .22, when you convert it over, it will be a beast!!! Here's the .35 valve housing with my .25 valve pin sliding right through it.

Stoti

1592749754_6539496445eef6eba34a598.94690399.jpg

1592755168_14112730995eef83e04a7c94.63082959.jpeg
1592755168_13456618455eef83e09939f7.29984420.jpeg
I understand not being able to go from .177 .22 .25 .30 up to .35cal because yes it's a bigger hammer Weight and spring. But to go smaller like from .35cal to .25cal I did not think it was a problem at all but. 

I have spoke to 3 of the best guys who I would very much trust and that's Ernest Rowe. Justin Jacobson. And Ken Hicks. All of them say it's not really Compatibl it's timed different? So I am shocked to find this out they have tested this. 

I think FX needs to be very much clear as to this is a one caliber airgun. Now I spoke to Ernest Rowe again and he told me to transfer my prob magazine and barrial along with my compact bottle and shoot. But he told me earlier I need to change my valve and spring. So I guess am just going to have to shoot and see. 

I truly believe it's just a case of no one really knows but then again they tested it?? So I think FX needs to be clear on going from .35 to smaller calibers instead of the other way around. I will hopefully get time to shoot and see but New Jersey is not very friendly when it comes to airguns I called 3 ranges outdoor and they all said absolutely no airguns. But Ernest Rowe told me about one in Long Island I can go to. So stay tuned. 

This is the shooting range with an Air Gun section on Long Island: http://www.longislandshootingrange.com

I haven't been to it but a friend has. Said it is good.

William Floyd Pwy (exit 68 on 495) North to Rte 25 (Middle Country Road) and then head East on 25. It's less than a mile on the LH side of the road opposite the place that sells sheds and gazebos. It shares a driveway with the Fireman's Park.

FX would (and should) have built their action based on their largest available caliber. Meaning impact redesign once the .357 was thrown into the mix...or find a way to build the .357 into the current action...both kind of throw wrenches into the gears of being completely modular or full potential...

Its not that I don't support their current integration of their newest caliber, but it certainly is challenging for those that aren't well versed with pcp's to understand the minor changes between the two actions (.357 vs non .357), and the changes required to go from a caliber such as .357 to .25, or .177...

I don't support much to the effect of balanced valves in commercial applications being they're in their infancy, but hammer weight/spring changes wouldn't be required with one designed in an eloquent manner...the only change required from caliber to caliber (even .177 to .357) would be an adjustment that decides how much hammer strike it takes to create X amount of dwell (balance chamber fill time manipulation)...it would be an elegant solution that requires a new learning curve to most for tuning, using both that adjustment and a lift limiter would make things very easy on the action itself...but with that kind of change comes a lot of trial and error...truth be told I could easily design this valve, and took quite the part in a similar valves design, from creating blueprints and understanding the functions, to integrating them in a successful fashion. I think if they want a single platform that handles such a large range of calibers, they would benefit greatly from such. Albeit..still not necessary...at the very least normalize the action to the largest caliber.

The mklll impact hopefully will share the same action across all calibers, and is probably in the works as we speak (my opinion, not fact). FX's wheels are always turning, and as much as I butt heads with some of their practices and marketing, I give credit where its due, and in that, they certainly put more effort into this industry than the average company. They continue to evolve and adapt, which many fall short of. The one thing I will always share with those at FX, is a passion for airguns. I could be wrong all together about a mklll impact, so don't take my word for it or anything. Maintaining backwards compatibility has been one of their stubborn hindrances while moving forward with the impact, either they continue down this current path and support both actions, one being the old and one being the new that also accepts .357, or they retire the old action and normalize this new one.

Just my 2c! (more like 2.22$ with all that gibberish)

-Matt

FX would (and should) have built their action based on their largest available caliber. Meaning impact redesign once the .357 was thrown into the mix...or find a way to build the .357 into the current action...both kind of throw wrenches into the gears of being completely modular or full potential...

Its not that I don't support their current integration of their newest caliber, but it certainly is challenging for those that aren't well versed with pcp's to understand the minor changes between the two actions (.357 vs non .357), and the changes required to go from a caliber such as .357 to .25, or .177...

I don't support much to the effect of balanced valves in commercial applications being they're in their infancy, but hammer weight/spring changes wouldn't be required with one designed in an eloquent manner...the only change required from caliber to caliber (even .177 to .357) would be an adjustment that decides how much hammer strike it takes to create X amount of dwell (balance chamber fill time manipulation)...it would be an elegant solution that requires a new learning curve to most for tuning, using both that adjustment and a lift limiter would make things very easy on the action itself...but with that kind of change comes a lot of trial and error...truth be told I could easily design this valve, and took quite the part in a similar valves design, from creating blueprints and understanding the functions, to integrating them in a successful fashion. I think if they want a single platform that handles such a large range of calibers, they would benefit greatly from such. Albeit..still not necessary...at the very least normalize the action to the largest caliber.

The mklll impact hopefully will share the same action across all calibers, and is probably in the works as we speak (my opinion, not fact). FX's wheels are always turning, and as much as I butt heads with some of their practices and marketing, I give credit where its due, and in that, they certainly put more effort into this industry than the average company. They continue to evolve and adapt, which many fall short of. The one thing I will always share with those at FX, is a passion for airguns. I could be wrong all together about a mklll impact, so don't take my word for it or anything. Maintaining backwards compatibility has been one of their stubborn hindrances while moving forward with the impact, either they continue down this current path and support both actions, one being the old and one being the new that also accepts .357, or they retire the old action and normalize this new one.

-Matt

Matt, I really appreciate your post. I am in the same situation as the OP, I really would like to buy a FX Impact MK2 in .357 but would like to also be able to switch it to .25 relatively easily with a few adjustments and/or also changing scopes. I have watched many of the how to videos but know I am not the most mechanically inclined so if I cannot just adjust some easy settings I doubt I would feel comfortable doing it. I have searched the web and only found someone posting how they went from .177 to .22 and have yet to find anyone showing a video of going from a bigger delta in caliber change. That coupled with this topic and several others I have seen is why I still have not decided which FX Impact I should buy?

Should I wait some more for FX to work it out? or should I buy a .30 and can anyone here tell me that you can go from .30 to .25 or .22 with just some simple adjustments without taking the rifle apart?

I posted a couple of comments about this on two Youtube videos one from FX and one from UpNorthAirGunner; do not know if they would reply but I posted a link to this thread to see if they would comment? the UpNorthAirGunner initially said all you need to do is lower the regulator pressure and look at AEAC video on how to go to different calibers but I posted back that I already saw that video but would watch it again. I have looked at Youtube and there are no videos of anyone demonstrating they can shoot say at a .30 caliber then change the barrel to a .25 or .22 and adjust to the settings they found work for that smaller caliber and show it shoots decent.

-Matt

Matt, I really appreciate your post. I am in the same situation as the OP, I really would like to buy a FX Impact MK2 in .357 but would like to also be able to switch it to .25 relatively easily with a few adjustments and/or also changing scopes. I have watched many of the how to videos but know I am not the most mechanically inclined so if I cannot just adjust some easy settings I doubt I would feel comfortable doing it. I have searched the web and only found someone posting how they went from .177 to .22 and have yet to find anyone showing a video of going from a bigger delta in caliber change. That coupled with this topic and several others I have seen is why I still have not decided which FX Impact I should buy?

Should I wait some more for FX to work it out? or should I buy a .30 and can anyone here tell me that you can go from .30 to .25 or .22 with just some simple adjustments without taking the rifle apart?

No problem you can do that. 

-Matt

No problem you can do that.

Hey there, just saw your comment on my channel and I need to look into this a bit more. I just swapped my caliber kit with my modded .30 cal Impact from SPAW down to .22 with a few small easy adjustments. I assumed it would be the same for the .35, but after reading through this thread, now I am not so sure. What is confusing is Ernest's response seems like it is just the normal swap, but then you are also hearing that it isn't that easy. I got the .25 Superior Liner for the Impact and was going to toss that on with my .25 cal kit onto the .357 to do some long range shooting while FX works out the .35 slug liner. Will report back what I find....

Glem & UpNorthAirgunner ,

Thank you so much for responding! That is so cool! You made me very happy hearing you were able to take your .30 caliber Impact from SPAW down to a .22 with a few small easy adjustments! Can you post a video of that process on Youtube! If the .357 cannot go down easily to a .22 or .25 then maybe I would just buy a .30 from SPAW and have Ken tune it for both .30 and with the .25 along with the other mods I would want him to do so that I can do the same as you did! I already know I want to buy from Ken Hicks.

Glem or UpNorthAirgunner, if you post that video of your .30 Impact showing the steps to .22 showing you can hit a target with the .30 then show similar performance with the .22 that would be HUGE! Nobody on the entire Youtube had done a video like that!