• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

OK group at 100Y

Here’s a decent 5 shot group at 100 yards with slugs. Should have been much better, but the bench was wobbly, and I didn’t have a rear rest, wind was 13 gusting to 20 mph, slugs were unsorted, front bipod was a cheapie knock off, moderator wasn’t tight, didn’t get much sleep the night before, seat kept moving, scope was at 12x…. Not bad. 🙄

IMG_1777.jpeg

I actually enjoy seeing cherry picked groups, but do all of them need to come with a laundry list of excuses why they aren’t single hole…? 😂

That is even borderline acceptable. Nice shooting
Yeah, I did forget those 5 cups of coffee. Could have continued to fill that lower 9 ring with slugs but those El Toros are expensive, plus it wouldn’t prove anything except the wind inconsistency…

Well, at least groups like that will squash the theory that Slugs will not out shoot pellets! It seems to me that at 50 and 100 and of course even farther, Slugs are surpassing pellet accuracy for at least now from what I am seeing! Oh, and keep sorting those Altros Slugs if you think they might shoot a little better😵‍💫 nice shooting Mike👊🏼

Reactions: Centercut
Here’s a decent 5 shot group at 100 yards with slugs. Should have been much better, but the bench was wobbly, and I didn’t have a rear rest, wind was 13 gusting to 20 mph, slugs were unsorted, front bipod was a cheapie knock off, moderator wasn’t tight, didn’t get much sleep the night before, seat kept moving, scope was at 12x…. Not bad. 🙄

View attachment 441502

I actually enjoy seeing cherry picked groups, but do all of them need to come with a laundry list of excuses why they aren’t single hole…? 😂

Funny post Mike! I thought of another excuse.

“Yeah, I was holding four bulls to the right, and missed my 7th flag that shifted direction when the wind gusted to 20 mph on my Kestrel. Otherwise that would have been six thru the same hole.”

Great accuracy with those slugs. I hope my MRD pellets don’t take offense. 😀

Tom

Reactions: Centercut