FX Ok finally got to the shooting range with the DRS...not good ......

Well finally got to the range today but was short lived because the gun leak air. Plus another thing is this rifle very very load without a silencer on this thing!!!!! Like 22lr loud!!! I forgot my Donny FL but did remember I had my buck rail it quite it down a lot!!!! Then after a few more rounds of shooting it started to leak. So packed up left went home disgusted. Accuracy not great at all!!!! Right now looks like shotgun pattern without a silencer. With the buck rail the accuracy improved a little. JTS pellets not good. FX pellets were a little better not great. But anyway.... Oh yeah FX crown single shot trays do fit into these rifles great .
Screenshot_20240325_162520_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240325_162641_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240325-134601_FX Radar.jpg

Last edited:
You’re going to have to tune after repair. Or, have UtahAirguns tune it for you and tell them you can’t get it to shoot right. That being said…I don’t see the hype with the DRS platform. If you’re going to spend $1000+tax, there are plenty of FX Mavericks on sale in the forum for around that mark (or less). Maverick has much more versatility than a DRS stuck to shooting 18 grain JSBs…(unless you’re getting the MDT version, but that’s mainly geared toward competition).

Well finally got to the range today but was short lived because the gun leak air. Plus another thing is this rifle very very load without a silencer on this thing!!!!! Like 22lr loud!!! I forgot my Donny FL but did remember I had my buck rail it quite it down a lot!!!! Then after a few more rounds of shooting it started to leak. So packed up left went home disgusted. Accuracy not great at all!!!! Right now looks like shotgun pattern without a silencer. With the buck rail the accuracy improved a little. JTS pellets not good. FX pellets were a little better not great. But anyway.... Oh yeah FX crown single shot trays do fit into these rifles great .View attachment 448983View attachment 448984View attachment 448988
Did you clean the barrel really really good ?

Did you clean the barrel really really good ?
Well right now I need to fix the leak....then worry about the accuracy issues later. My first adjective is always make sure the rifle is shooting right, hold air, no reg issues ect....my Daystate Redwolf was shooting better than this when I first got it and that barrel was horrible make a long story short the barrel had to replace.

This is why you generally shouldn't buy anything immediately upon release, you may miss out a time or two, but more times than not I find history repeating, in that there are always bugs to be worked out, and the first wave of buyers are often beta testers.

Truly hope you get your DRS sorted though. Bummer you had a miserable initial impression with this rifle, hopefully time and effort changes that!

-Matt

Well right now I need to fix the leak....then worry about the accuracy issues later. My first adjective is always make sure the rifle is shooting right, hold air, no reg issues ect....my Daystate Redwolf was shooting better than this when I first got it and that barrel was horrible make a long story short the barrel had to replace.
So your indicating that you did not clean a new gun barrel ? ok your choice.

Reactions: Bud-sc
Was the barrel dirty ? Just wondering if something like a shaving is stuck. That sucks.

I made a comment about the first batch would be getting assembled with more caution . Nope.

Good luck getting it sorted.
My first adjective with any rifle is to shoot it first make sure no reg issues, holds air, chronograph it but even that I never had a rifle to shoot this bad. My Daystate Redwolf was shooting horrible but not even this bad when I got it and it had a bad barrel. I always get a general idea how a rifle going to shoot after the first day on the range. After this rifle gets fix I still think will shoot great but it going to take more than a good cleaning. I need a few Donny FL's....

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
So your indicating that you did not clean a new gun barrel ? ok your choice.
I will after I get the rifle fixed first thing first......needed to see if was going to break unfortunately it did ....if didn't then yeah I would take care of the cleaning tonight went bad to the range but I NEVER and I mean NEVER had a rifle to shoot this horrible!!! NEVER!!!!

Reactions: Dairyboy
I'm not a fan of any of the post Royale/Boss rifles from FX, so my prejudice is admitted. That said, my experience suggests that you have to have confidence in your seller, and assume that the maker does not execute good quality control. I know that marks me as a cynic, but that is my lesson from experience. The makers are just unwilling to dedicate the time for meaningful quality control.