FX Ok finally got to the shooting range with the DRS...not good ......

There is no information out yet on how to degas this new DRS. You might try the little grub Allen screw next to the gauge And see if air comes out . If the gauge doesn’t go down then it would be for the plentum. If the gauge does go down then possibly the plug in the front of the plentum can be unscrewed just enough for the air to excape. This is just a guess. I’d call the dealer and ask him first. I had the exact opposite experience on my first outing with my DRS .22 600mm barrel. It shot JSB 25 and 28 grain pellets very well and the FX Hybrids look promising. Mine came tuned at 110 bar and shot light pellets too fast like way over 900 fps. I switched to the heavy pellets and they were in the mid 700 fps but were grouping well. I increased the reg to 150 bar and played with the hammer spring to get the heavy pellets in the 850 fps range and they grouped even better but the shot count went down under 20 shots per fill. I have seen every video out on the DRS and have not heard if the 600mm barrels have the heavy slug liner. I have only heard the Pro 700mm has the slug liner. I’m sticking with the JSB jumbo monster grands 28 grain for now an wait to see what others are able to tune their DRS 600 to shoot. Meanwhile FX needs to get someone to make a video on how to degas the plentum and bottle and go over the do’s and don’t do‘s that the half ass manual doesn’t cover. The manual does state not to shoot the rifle down below the plentum preasure, something to do with damaging the reg or valve. So you have to keep an eye on the preasure gauge and figure out what the reg is set at using a chronograph out of the box. I heard of one guy who’s rifle was leaking air, turned out it was empty when he got the rifle and he didn’t cock the gun before filling . Apparently the hammer spring had enough preasure on the valve that it wouldn’t seal. Possibly shooting the preasure down too much below the reg might also have an effect on the valve not sealing. I would degas and cock the action and try filling it up again and see if that fixes the problem. I have had 4 FX rifles and have had no issues with them but if I did I would call my dealer and ask their opinion on the issue and see if there is a quick fix before I’d. Jump on a forum and bad mouth the QC any brand. Just go back to the list of topics and look through the last 12 pages and see how many complaints there are on leaking guns and how many different brands are mentioned. Every one asking for help Before calling the dealer. If your dealer can’t help you then complain about them .

Hurray now we know. But what is that little grub screw next to the gauge for??
It looks like a barrel retaining screw

Screenshot_20240325_211843_Samsung Notes.jpg

Reactions: Dogowsky
There is no information out yet on how to degas this new DRS. You might try the little grub Allen screw next to the gauge And see if air comes out . If the gauge doesn’t go down then it would be for the plentum. If the gauge does go down then possibly the plug in the front of the plentum can be unscrewed just enough for the air to excape. This is just a guess. I’d call the dealer and ask him first. I had the exact opposite experience on my first outing with my DRS .22 600mm barrel. It shot JSB 25 and 28 grain pellets very well and the FX Hybrids look promising. Mine came tuned at 110 bar and shot light pellets too fast like way over 900 fps. I switched to the heavy pellets and they were in the mid 700 fps but were grouping well. I increased the reg to 150 bar and played with the hammer spring to get the heavy pellets in the 850 fps range and they grouped even better but the shot count went down under 20 shots per fill. I have seen every video out on the DRS and have not heard if the 600mm barrels have the heavy slug liner. I have only heard the Pro 700mm has the slug liner. I’m sticking with the JSB jumbo monster grands 28 grain for now an wait to see what others are able to tune their DRS 600 to shoot. Meanwhile FX needs to get someone to make a video on how to degas the plentum and bottle and go over the do’s and don’t do‘s that the half ass manual doesn’t cover. The manual does state not to shoot the rifle down below the plentum preasure, something to do with damaging the reg or valve. So you have to keep an eye on the preasure gauge and figure out what the reg is set at using a chronograph out of the box. I heard of one guy who’s rifle was leaking air, turned out it was empty when he got the rifle and he didn’t cock the gun before filling . Apparently the hammer spring had enough preasure on the valve that it wouldn’t seal. Possibly shooting the preasure down too much below the reg might also have an effect on the valve not sealing. I would degas and cock the action and try filling it up again and see if that fixes the problem. I have had 4 FX rifles and have had no issues with them but if I did I would call my dealer and ask their opinion on the issue and see if there is a quick fix before I’d. Jump on a forum and bad mouth the QC any brand. Just go back to the list of topics and look through the last 12 pages and see how many complaints there are on leaking guns and how many different brands are mentioned. Every one asking for help Before calling the dealer. If your dealer can’t help you then complain about them .
Most fx have semi balanced valves. Assuming this one as well. And im also wagering a pretty heavy hammer. Shooting at low or no pressure would give a high likelihood of damaging the valve or receiver in one way or another. 👍

I'm not trying to rant, but the first thing I at least do with a new airgun is cleaning the barrel, no matter what the brand is. And there has always been something to clean.
Hope you get the other problems taken care of
Same here, expensive or cheap it doesn't matter. Gotta get that black shipping grease out of the barrel for any rifle to perform at it's best.

I called and left a message on Cape fear Airguns voicemail before I call Utah airguns because it's only a 45 min drive from my house. I know Cape fear Airguns can fix it so I don't have to ship back to Utah. Plus the lady at FedEx will not ship no airguns no matter what. UPS not sure about them??
Can you return it ?? If so I would and call bullet central about a non new (meaning not new model) fx platform. They have quite the un advertised sale going on.

If not Newman is an authorized warranty center. You will be good.

People go on and on about "did you clean the barrel?", "did you clean the barrel?" .
1. Cleaning the barrel will not stop any leaks to develop, never!
2. If the rifle was tested by the dealer, which they did, surely they cleaned it before testing. If not, their service is not up to par. And if they normally don't clean the barrel, they might not think it is a problem not doing it.
3. Even if it was not tested and there was still grease in the barrel, after a few shots most of it will be out, it is just grease. After a few shots it should show its accuracy potential even if it is not the best it can do. If there are any shavings or hard debris in the barrel it points back to the manufacturer quality control.
4. I saw many people shooting PCPs, break barrels and even PB straight out of the box without cleaning and it shot nice groups from the first magazine onwards.

Yes I do clean any barrel before shooting but the above still apply.

Last edited:
People go on and on about "did you clean the barrel?", "did you clean the barrel?" .
1. Cleaning the barrel will not stop any leaks to develop, never!
2. If the rifle was tested by the dealer surely they cleaned it before testing. If not, their service is not up to par. And if they normally don't clean the barrel, they might not think it is a problem not doing it.
3. Even if its was not tested and there was still grease in the barrel, after a few shots most of it will be out, it is just grease. After aa few shots it should show its accuracy potential even it not the best it can do. If there are any shavings or hard debris in the barrel it points back to the manufacturer quality control.
4. I saw many people shooting PCPs, break barrels and even PB straight out of the box without cleaning and it shot nice groups from the first magazine onwards.

Yes I do clean any barrel before shooting but the above still apply.
That's the whole point of me trying out the rifle first make sure there are no mechanical issues with the gun then the second day I would clean it. But still I can still get the general idea what pellets it's going to shoot the best right out of the box. My ghost was shooting groups no bigger than a dime on the first day out at 50 yards no issues went home cleaned the barrel air the gun back up to the range the next day.

It looks like a barrel retaining screw

View attachment 449128
Yeah I was way off. Should have looked at this picture. I’m curious about the design of the Plentum. By the looks of this diagram the plentum for the sub 12 guns is just a solid block, so in a sense there is no plentum . Then the classic plentum shows just a single hole drilled from the top which I take is the inlet and outlet hole and the only volume for air in that block of aluminum. Then there is the much taller Pro plentum which shows three extra and much larger holes drilled and plugged for maximum volume chamber for the DRS Pro. Seems to me the DRS Classic plentum Can be made with some more volume by adding the extra three holes as the Pro version. How much more volume and more important how much more power it would add is my queastion to FX. And why wasn’t it made this way to start with? After all my GRS Dreamline with the larger plentum can be tuned from 18 grain pellets going mid 700 fps to a decent slug slinger. Makes you think FX doesn’t want to give us all the performance up front , to later offer the accessories to replace the original parts. Mo money!

IMG_5479.png

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Yeah I was way off. Should have looked at this picture. I’m curious about the design of the Plentum. By the looks of this diagram the plentum for the sub 12 guns is just a solid block, so in a sense there is no plentum . Then the classic plentum shows just a single hole drilled from the top which I take is the inlet and outlet hole and the only volume for air in that block of aluminum. Then there is the much taller Pro plentum which shows three extra and much larger holes drilled and plugged for maximum volume chamber for the DRS Pro. Seems to me the DRS Classic plentum Can be made with some more volume by adding the extra three holes as the Pro version. How much more volume and more important how much more power it would add is my queastion to FX. And why wasn’t it made this way to start with? After all my GRS Dreamline with the larger plentum can be tuned from 18 grain pellets going mid 700 fps to a decent slug slinger. Makes you think FX doesn’t want to give us all the performance up front , to later offer the accessories to replace the original parts. Mo money!

View attachment 449441
And that is why i don’t like fx! Really don’t like their marketing strategy don’t think it’s right.

Sounds like your in very good hands with Newman.
But if you have not shipped it yet, Id be very tempted to at least examine the 2 orings shown as #8, in the regulator diagram.
The 2 orings (#19731) are identical.
If the bottom (deepest) oring were to fail, youd get a leak exactly where you have described.
Probably take 5 minutes or less, to remove the action, and examine that particular oring.
Part number #19731.

Last edited: