FX Ok finally got to the shooting range with the DRS...not good ......

I'm not a fan of any of the post Royale/Boss rifles from FX, so my prejudice is admitted. That said, my experience suggests that you have to have confidence in your seller, and assume that the maker does not execute good quality control. I know that marks me as a cynic, but that is my lesson from experience. The makers are just unwilling to dedicate the time for meaningful quality control.
I have and had FX airguns. I had a FX Independent which was very reliable gun and had sold it because at the time had no where to shoot I wished I had that gun now. I have a FX Crown in 22cal. had no issues with except just tuning it is a pain. It's shooting 18.1 at 865 and that's where I am going to keep it no more tuning.

It takes 2 minutes to pull a couple patches through a new barrel. This is what came out of a new FX barrel recently. I know guys get excited but we should check for obstructions. I hope Cape Fear can handle it.

IMG_5041.jpeg

That’s the reg vent hole. Try degas the gun then take out the regulator adjustment screw and add some silicon grease to the orings. It takes no more than 5 minutes.

The DRS does not have any shroud so it will be very loud without a moderator.

This does blow, dealer supposed to check everything before sending the gun out. I bought 8 FX by now and none of them shot this bad out of box so something isn’t right.

Sorry to hear about your initial experience, it can be frustrating regardless of it's a $200 airgun or a $2000 airgun (more so the latter).

Most manufacturers protect their barrels by applying an anti-corrosive to prevent corrosion during sitting & shipping. Please try cleaning your barrel and report back on accuracy. If you don't feel comfortable applying a dab of silicone... I'm sure Cape Fear airguns will take care of the leak under warranty.

Less than 2 weeks ago everybody was giddy as a high school girl headed to her first prom about this gun. One guy has a problem which they have not been told won’t be fixed and people are disappointed?
Why not wait and see what experience others have before tossing the DRS on the funeral pyre of public opinion?

All the cleaning in the world will not make a leaking rifle shoot well.
This must be very disapointing.
Send it my way, and Id pay 90% of a brand new one...problem solved!
Did the dealer test before shipping it to you?
Yes they test it ....the numbers didn't match up either from my test today my avg was 865 FPS but on the paper said 900fps.....

That’s the reg vent hole. Try degas the gun then take out the regulator adjustment screw and add some silicon grease to the orings. It takes no more than 5 minutes.

The DRS does not have any shroud so it will be very loud without a moderator.

This does blow, dealer supposed to check everything before sending the gun out. I bought 8 FX by now and none of them shot this bad out of box so something isn’t right.
With this rifle I not idea where to bleed the air?? Everything else sounds easy just not sure what I am looking at....thanks ...

Was curious because I was pretty sure fx doesn't make pellet only liners anymore. Superior is designed for slugs just not heavy ones. I've got one in a 500mm crown barrel, and it shoots slugs exceptionally.

you are right that superior shoot lighter/shorter slugs really well along with pellets. Like you said, it can not shoot heavier/longer slugs and that’s where the heavy liner comes in play. Most people view superior as more of a pellet liner still though.

Well, having smooth twist and smooth twist x pellet barrels, and older slugs a barrels in my inventory still, along with newer superiors, there's a world of difference. In my mind, anyhow, and in practice.

Real shame to have others having back luck with this or any brand. I got my superior 500mm 22 and 600mm 30 early in their production, so I may have gotten lucky with those. The most recent fx I have is a crown mk1 Gen 3 (continuum) I think produced before their demand and popularity went wild, so also lucky there. My Ranchero is quite old, and doesn't even have a smooth twist barrel. I believe it has a 12 groove LW barrel, and it's a really superb shooter as are the 5 barrels I have for my Crown. One, a smooth twist similar to the ones the royales came with.